For Sale Crankcase Support "Belly Brace"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale Crankcase Support "Belly Brace"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 08:04 pm:

For Sale, Crankcase Support or "belly brace" Used to give added support to the crankcase arms and help to keep them from breaking. This one is in nice useable condition. There is a little wear at the center of the threads. This is common with used braces and does not hurt the use of the brace. The nuts run all the way down by hand. The rivets are tight. In my opinion this is the best design of all the accessory "belly braces" 125.00 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 10:21 am:

The crankcase support is spoken for pending payment ... Thanks mtfca ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 02:23 pm:

I have 1 of those under the 2 T's I have running.Just think they are a neat accessory. I have a 3rd 1 but it does not have any hooks.I wonder if the hooks are reproduced?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 05:30 pm:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3114SPT.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 05:37 pm:

Mack, check with Tim Morsher Norwalk Oh as he makes these. I haves used one on every T I use as a driver.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 11:52 am:

Donnie, you really can take and post good pictures! Mack, these belly braces are much more than a ‘neat accessory’. Think about the stress and engine weight that’s acted upon rivets and braze over the last 100 years. What if an original crankcase arm would fail during a tour and you didn’t have one of these belly braces? I put them on all my T s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 12:28 pm:

the link was informative as I did not know about the rubber. so I need to cut a piece of inter tube or something and put in between the brace and the oil pan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 02:33 pm:

I use old worn out truck dually mud flaps between the crankcase and belly brace. Then cut a hole for your 15/16” socket to drain the oil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 04:36 pm:

Careful. Those supports are not to hold the transmission. There to hold the trans in case an ear breaks. You can tweet the frame if tightened to much.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration