For Sale- 2-cylinder Model T Engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale- 2-cylinder Model T Engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 08:27 pm:

For sale- cut-down Model T engine. It runs! Actually, it starts very easily. It appears to have been done a long time ago. It is mounted on a stand, with radiator, cut-down coil box, cut-down intake, etc. Certainly not something I'd want to make myself. Asking $950 or trade. Can deliver to Chickasha if paid for before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 11:06 pm:

How do you cool half of a Ford motor...? With half of a Whippit radiator of course!

This would be a good start for building half a speedster:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 10:27 am:

I like the "son" coil box. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 02:46 pm:

I've always been curious about these and their utility use. Powering a dynamo for a generator, maybe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 01:07 pm:

Chris:
had PM'd ...let me know if you are interested ...my email is gfrench1953@hotmail.com or phone 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 03:59 pm:

Interesting plumbing on exhaust and intake manifold with carburetor set up now as a down draft
with OSHA approved gas can. Looks like it has some sort of clutch assembly with a generator but no electric starter, I don't see a crank, be interesting to see how they sealed off the rear of the engine.
looks like some type of water pump on the front of engine ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 09:41 pm:

Jim-I don't know what type of clutch it is. It looks like it had a starter at one point. I don't know what kind-it was removed before I got it. It uses a T crank to start. There is no crank support but I've not had any trouble starting it. The crank is included.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 12:23 pm:

Price dropped to $750 with free delivery to Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dodd on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 11:05 pm:

What is the water pump?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Iowa John L Williams on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 03:08 pm:

Hi From Iowa! I sent a PM & have not heard anything back? Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 03:53 pm:

John-I've sent several emails. Two bounced back, but one seemed to go through. I also sent a pm through the forum. No matter. Please email me directly cp7254 at hotmail dot com. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 03:24 pm:

Sold. Thank you!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration