Repost/Price drop - Rare 1926 Faultless Ford Model T boat tail Speedster - Roof OHV

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Repost/Price drop - Rare 1926 Faultless Ford Model T boat tail Speedster - Roof OHV
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant Young on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 01:45 pm:

Re posting my beautiful 1927 Faultless Speedster. MUST SELL!! Family has decided to downsize and there is no room for it at the new house. The new asking price is $25k and I am willing to negotiate. Make and offer and lets get this car a good home.

Extremely rare 1926 Ford Model T speedster with Faultless Raceabout body and Roof Model 8 overhead valve conversion. This car started it current life in the early 80’s when my dad and grandfather found the rolling chassis and body at the AACA Swap Meet in Hershey Pennsylvania. Knowing that no true period Faultless speedster would be complete without an OHV conversion, they set out on a 16 hour trip to northern Canada to acquire the Roof model 8 OHV kit. The car then underwent a complete frame off restoration/ speed build, before being driven for a few years and finally garaged sometime in the 90’s.
I picked up the project last year and I’ve completely gone through the car. I did all of the maintenance (oil change, grease points, ignition system and carb cleaning, ect..) and replaced any part that was worn out from sitting. The car fires right up and runs like a top. It has a few minor dents and paint chips from sitting in a well-used garage but there is no rust ANYWHERE on the car. It drives very well and is scary fast. Mechanically, the car is in excellent condition although it does need a little more love (read money) than a broke college kid could afford. The tires are ok but a little dry rotted and the radiator needs repair or replacement as it has a very small leak and doesn’t cool as well as I think it should. Both are very easy fixes. Below is a list of period parts that are on the car as well as the parts I replaced.
Period/Original Parts
• 1926 lowered model T chassis with fully “built” race engine
• Real Faultless Raceabout boat tail body with original Faultless Body Co steps – extremely rare.
• Roof model 8 OHV conversion with the proper exhaust manifold - extremely rare.
• Zenith S4BF updraft race carb.
• Atwater Kent type LA distributor conversion with centrifugal and manual advance
• Berg’s Water pump – does not leak
• 1926 model T wire wheels
• Headlights with green Macbeth “gentlemen’s” lenses.
• Seats from a model T doctors coupe
• Wilmot-Breeden calorimeter temp gauge

New/Remanufactured parts
• Freeze Plugs
• 6v battery
• Radiator hoses
• Fuel pump/regulator
I am asking $25,000 OBO for this piece of history with a clean green Michigan title. I hope that someone will enjoy it as much as my family has over the years. If you have any questions or would like to come see the car, please call or text Grant at 734-233-1122.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant Young on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 01:48 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant Young on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 12:25 pm:

Bump!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration