FJ - 1913 Model T Touring For Sale in Oklahoma - I took pictures today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FJ - 1913 Model T Touring For Sale in Oklahoma - I took pictures today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 11:32 pm:

While picking up another car today - I visited with the owner of this 1913 Model T Touring - which is for sale.

Priced at $28,500 by the owner.

I took these images today - it is time consuming to re-size images to fit the forum - I will be adding them over the next couple days so be patient.

I also took notes about the ownership history.

The Seller has a fine early car collection acquired over many years - he is selling because of illness - the kind you donít usually recover from - keep that in mind if you post a comment on this thread.

He has owned this for (24) years - this was the personal car of Mr. Smith of Speedway Motors in Lincoln, NE.

It has been garage stored in he manner shown - it last ran shortly after purchase.

Buffalo Wire Wheels
Ruckstell Two Speed Rear End
All brass appears to be correct to owner
Clear Oklahoma Title

Yeah - it is Blue - if you donít like it - too bad - he bought it that way.

I am dong this as a courtesy - no commission or money in it for me.

If you want to get in touch with the owner - give me a call
if you live in the lower 48 states - I do not accept international calls so PM me thru the forum if you live elsewhere.

Thanks

FreighTer Jim
260-804-6695

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 11:43 pm:

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 11:49 pm:

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 12:07 am:

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 12:14 am:

Well I am going to get some sleep now.

I will post more images tomorrow.

That radiator shot above is from a Crow Touring Car made in Elkhart. IN.

Here is the 1913 Touring T.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard H.Miller on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 02:45 am:

Fj, thanks for posting the great pics.....I can't buy car but the educational value of part placement locations was very informative. Well...for a newbie such as myself at least!
Thx again Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 07:29 am:

Thanks Richard !

Here are engine images ....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 07:58 am:

I'm curious; what's the attachment on the second spark plug?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 08:03 am:

Bill, That's an explosion whistle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 10:36 am:

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 11:00 am:

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard H.Miller on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 11:27 am:

Fj, once again thank you for additional pics, these are great resource pics IMHO! I truly appreciate them!
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 02:03 pm:

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 04:38 pm:

Good photo of REAL Rocky Mountain Brakes! Very nice.

I can't tell from the picture whether they are the true original era ones, or the reproductions made back in the '60s. Doesn't really matter. Either way they are better than anything you can buy new today. And probably overall the best after-market brakes made for the model T ever (at least in two-wheel brakes).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 05:51 pm:

Hi Wayne,

They would have been installed over (24) years ago - before he bought the car - probably around the same time the Ruckstell axle was put on.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 06:02 pm:

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard H.Miller on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 08:13 pm:

Fj....Outstanding! You don't see pics like that every day!
Thanks again!
You may have missed your calling!......lol
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 09:05 am:

Richard..I agree. We also tend to forget just how much TIME it takes to post pictures. Thanks FJ!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 11:11 am:

Thanks Richard & Tim !

I appreciate that.

I received what I consider a reasonable offer via PM
by a forum member that I informed the owner of.

This is the only place this Model T has been offered for sale
by me.

This is my ď Home ď on the old inter web - we are all ď Family ď in my humble opinion.

Thank You to my Family for exercising restraint on this thread and for posting positive comments.

I am trying to assist in getting this T to a new home in a timely manner.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 11:56 am:

I would love to see more pictures of the Crow Elkhart you snuck in there...

Nice looking T too by the way

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 12:12 pm:

Hi Mark,

It is an impressive car from a company that operated out of Elkhart, IN from 1909 to 1924.

Complete images are ready to be posted - however the 1912 Crow-Elkhart Touring may be the only surviving example remaining.

Right now there is someone actively researching who may buy it - if not it will available for purchase & I will start a thread on it.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 12:17 pm:

The 1912 Crow-Elkhart Touring can be seen in this image to the right of the 1909 Buick Model 10 that is now in my trailer on itís way to Philadelphia.

To the left is a Hupmobile.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 06:10 pm:

I hope this gentleman finds a good home for his nice T and thank you for helping him FJ. :-)
The man has a beautiful building and some handsome automobiles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 01:09 am:

The owner called me yesterday.

He has reduced the price to $18,000.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Tipton on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:23 am:

Jim,

Will the 1913 Start and run?

Thanks,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:26 am:

David,

It should.

It has been stored where you see it in an immaculate climate controlled garage since purchased.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 01:17 pm:

Jim, How sad, I thought Jill and I were your only family! Great photo's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eddy Lee Emerson on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 01:32 pm:

Jim-When I moved to Enid, ok. in 1974, there were rumored to be two new Crow-Elkharts in an old dealership building at Kremlin, Ok. Soon after that the cars disappeared. Do you suppose this could be one of them? Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 02:11 pm:

Eddy,

The decision has been made to put the Crow up for sale.

I think I started a thread on it already - I will add to it
or start a new thread.

It is remarkable automobile with a fascinating past.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 02:22 pm:

The '13 in blue is a horse of another color :-)

But nice looking!

(Message edited by Dan_Treace on August 08, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 03:05 pm:

FJ, Thanks for the post and for reminding posters to be civil and kind with their posts. Life is fragile, unpredictable, and its end is sometimes tragic, but always inevitable. The car looks to be a super nice tour car, and with a few revisions, could be a high point show car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 03:14 pm:

looks like R G Reeders T BEFORE candy SOLD IT
bOB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Pfau on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 03:25 pm:

I'm surprised no one has asked about the tiller-steering horseless carriage in the background. Locomobile?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 05:01 pm:

Will,

I have a lot of Family across the states - I want to catch up on episodes of ď Yellowstone ď when I see you next - thanks for helping put the winch in the trailer ...:. :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 08:14 pm:

Terry,

I met Lee when I picked up a 1909 Buick he had sold earlier this year - things were not looking so good but have improved recently for him.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Fedullo, Milford MI on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:08 pm:

Does the owner have any other cars for sale?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 02:28 am:

Alan,

That car is not for sale.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 02:29 am:

Joe,

Only one at this time.

a 1913 Crow Elkhart Touring Car.

I just posted a for sale ad in the Classifieds.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eddy Lee Emerson on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 08:48 am:

Jim Yesterday I posted about two Crow Elkharts rumored to be in Kremlin Oklahoma. Today I noticed that a picture of the car you saw showed a dash plaque from the Nardin Parade of 1986. Nardin is only about45 miles from Kremlin Oklahoma. I always go through Kremlin when driving the T to the Nardin Parade. Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 01:05 am:

This 1913 model t has been offered on the HCCA website for several weeks now listed at $19,500.00. Just looked its still listed there for sale.

FJ, you do a great job of finding and listing cars of interest to forum users. I appreciate what you do for the forum and the museum. You are to be commended for your efforts.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 06:55 am:

Hi Eddy,

I bet it was Tommy Protsman.

Lee didnít own the car yet.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 06:59 am:

BCG,

Thank You very much Howard.

I am a lucky man to travel the places I get to go & meet the interesting folks I run across along the way.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 12:10 am:

Bump

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 09:55 am:

Bump

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Janet Block on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 10:57 am:

FJ

The Crow Elkhart Touring Car is quite a unique and beautiful looking car. It is very honorable how the owner(s) kept the vehicle in such pristine shape.

I can't seem to find the link on which I originally viewed your photos of the Crow Elkhart on mtfca web-site. Could you kindly re-post the link to those photos ?

Also a major thank you to FJ for all the posts, insight and help you have provided to so many mftca members over the years. It is very insightful to hear about your experiences seeing so many unique vehicles and sharing those experiences and photos on this site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 12:17 pm:

Hi Janet,

Thanks for the phone call.

The original story on the Crow is in the General Discussion forum.

I updated it yesterday afternoon.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 09:44 pm:

Bump

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 08:41 am:

Bump

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 10:14 am:

Did anyone notice the Rocky Mountain Brakes? That is the first series that Jack Sunderlin made back in the sixties. He never did make the correct linkage however.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 06:17 pm:

Please pardon my ignorance but what brand of carburetor is that? I cannot make out the name. Is this something that was supplied by Ford or is it a custom carburetor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 06:45 pm:

Never mind. I figured it out. Its a Holley. Supplied by Ford for a number of years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 06:54 pm:

This Model T is priced @ $18,000.í

As with every vehicle I assist in selling:

No commission - consideration - money in it for me.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 07:15 pm:

Great Pics FJ and a beauty of a car....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 04:03 pm:

Thank You Eric

FJ

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration