FS High Compression Head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS High Compression Head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 01:34 pm:

Very nice cast iron high compression cylinder head. Unknown manufacturer as it appears the name has been removed. From all appearances, it appears to be a Ricardo. No visible cracks. Spark plug threads are in great shape $350.00 plus shipping. Mark Chaffin (951) 805-0928. Payment by PayPal (preferred) or personal check. Combine orders and save on shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 08:43 pm:

The head casting is very heavy with about 1/4" wall thickness on the bottom. Compression ratio works out to about 4.5:1. Over all, a very nice original cylinder head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 11:04 am:

Mark, Check PM that I sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 11:47 am:

Thats an early Ricardo head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 01:33 pm:

Didn't the "early" have holes for priming cups ? Mine doesn't have the patent date info but has priming cups.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 02:10 pm:

Thank you Ed. I agree. It's a RICARDO. I'm not sure why anyone would grind off the word "RICARDO" but, that appears to be what was done to this head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 02:13 pm:

Look closely inside the water outlet hole. I’ll bet it’s been repaired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 02:15 pm:

Ive seen several high compression heads with the names ground off, it was something that was done as a qualifying rule in early amatuer racing from what I was told.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 04:11 pm:

Ed thanks for the information. That makes sense.
Tim no repair evident. Thanks for the information though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 04:22 pm:

The head has been sold to Terry. Thank you Terry. Thank you MTFCA!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 04:30 pm:

That’s good, mark. I bought a “perfect “ Waukesha head from California a few years ago. It had 39” of weld on it. 39” !! Cost me shipping both ways. Painful lesson

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration