Two model Ts, '24 coupe, '19 speedster to be for sale in Califunny

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Two model Ts, '24 coupe, '19 speedster to be for sale in Califunny
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 03:06 am:

I don't want to do it, But I have to. Circumstances require I sell two more cars I wanted to keep the rest of my life. I need the money, and the prices will be fair, and negotiable because I want to make this as quick and painless as possible. I will start by asking about $7000 for the coupe, and $4500 for the speedster.
The coupe has been started a few times the past two years, but not driven in that time. It will likely need some minor servicing before major touring, but does have a good tour history from many years ago. It is an older restoration, interior is not done correctly, but looks okay and is quite usable. Paint is chipped in many places, and has been poorly touched up, but looks pretty good from twenty feet. The wheels had new spokes put in about a dozen years ago, and seem very good. It has a Ruckstell, and very good brakes (for a model T), and several other accessories.
It also has a few things I wanted to change back to correct, but never got around to. Some people would consider the 12 volt and distributor a plus (although I really didn't, but that is me). Be aware, there is an interested party for the coupe, but nothing has been decided yet.

The boat-tail has not run or been driven in almost four years (ridiculous, I know). The restoration was never completed, but it was up and running and looking decent, and went on a few endurance runs as well as local driving. It will need some servicing before using, but was running very well when last driven (ran when parked!). It has a Muncie overdrive, and large drum Bennett Brakes on the pedal. Brakes were adapted to fit a small drum T rear end. Independent emergency brake on the brake handle. Wheel spokes are original, and wheels were tightened about ten years ago. I think they may need to be tightened again (or respoked would be better). With just a bit of effort, it could be used and enjoyed pretty much as is. Or it would make a great start to a very nice full rerestoration. (Paint and upholstery (almost laughable upholstery) are usable, but not nice as is.
Both cars could use a couple new inner tubes due to slow leaks.

Cars are located in Grass Valley. Best to contact me through site personal messages as I am often out of cell phone reception area. Give me your phone number and good times to call, I will try to call back.
Or you can try to phone me 9 two 5 - nine 8 zero - six 9 zero 8, leave a message if I don't answer.

I will try to post more pictures and details later, probably on separate threads for the two cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 01:12 am:

BtT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 06:04 am:

Up! Simba.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 09:17 am:

I've seen Wayne's speedster, I'm parked next to him in the last picture. At this price someone with a curious son or grandson should jump on it for a great first T.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 03:10 am:

Thank you Andy C. I never finished the restoration of this one (seems to be a problem I have, family issues get in the way and I end up selling cars before I can get them anywhere near where I want them). I had it running very well, the era modified pedal brakes working really nice, and looking close to how I like it. With just a bit of servicing, I think someone could have a lot of fun with the car basically as it is. Finish a few things? (Like the battery box?) Even better. I wouldn't pretend the paint is nice, but it looks good going down the road. And the upholstery is something I threw in in a hurry a few years ago, but at least to me is quite comfortable and I have spent most of a whole day in it a few times. I do believe the wheels need to be checked, and maybe reworked one way or another. When I was actively touring any of my cars, that was a check I always made often.

I have had a few responses, but am being a bit slow replying back due to issues I have to deal with. I also still plan to add more pictures of both cars here, or another new thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 04:35 am:

I added a few close-ups, and restoration pictures of the boat-tail on another thread.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/844738.html?1520328666

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration