FS early 1914 short block

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS early 1914 short block
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 12:59 am:

For sale is an early 1914 short block. Sr number is 381562, casting date is 9-10-13. This was a running engine bored .060 oversize. The car sat with the plugs out and got water in the cylinders. There is some pitting in the cylinders that should clean up at .080. This looks like a nice block, no visible cracks. $650.00 plus shipping. It is a late November of 13 serial number. Kdmks AT att.net.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 01:03 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Zabala on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 08:13 am:

Kim, my dad Bob sent you an email on this.
-James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 12:05 pm:

Sold to Bob. Thanks mtfca!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 12:21 pm:

Shoot, missed one again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 07:30 pm:

Kim, Do me a favor and look inside this '13 block to see if that engine has the two vertical webs inside the back of the engine to support the 3rd main or has only 1?

I'm just trying to learn about the changes Ford made to the early blocks. The block in my car has only one and a very thin one at that. A much weaker design.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration