FS Model T only 36k original miles on eBay...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS Model T only 36k original miles on eBay...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 09:46 pm:

Not affiliated, wanted to share for discussion only.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1926-Ford-Model-T-only-36-000-miles-RARE-100-original-C ollectors-dream/132527858716?hash=item1edb46a41c:g:la0AAOSwnt5anHRY

Your thoughts...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 10:03 pm:

36k miles was a lot back in the T era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 10:15 pm:

I figure this car was equipped with the first odometer, or maybe the second one...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Parsons on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 10:21 pm:

This car is also on Phoenix Craigslist for $18500

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 10:23 pm:

Or maybe quit working .......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 10:44 pm:

I'd say it was restored to what they thought was original two decades ago before it was put on display in the show room. Nice enough looking car but not for that amount. No talk about the running gear and the description really does not tell all that much anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 10:52 pm:

"Original interior". Really?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 03:42 am:

Twenty thousand miles sounds like nothing today. But in the '20s and even '30s it was as many miles as many people would drive in twenty years. Yeah we read about many cars being driven clear across the continent in those days. An early '20s Studebaker is famous for being driven more than 200,000 miles in about ten years. However, in the 1920s, for every car that went ten thousand miles in a year? There were a hundred cars that did less than one thousand miles that same year. I have seen, even owned, ridden in, driven myself, many cars from the '20s that had less than 20,000 miles on them, known original mileage.
36,000 miles? Even if it is the correct actual original and all mileage? I am not impressed. It looks like a nice tudor sedan that should be owned, cared for, driven, and enjoyed. In all the pictures? To me, it looks like a nice well kept older restoration (I wouldn't be surprised if the 36,000 miles was since restoration?). I'll leave it at that.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration