The Boat-tail for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: The Boat-tail for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 04:31 am:

A couple people have asked for more pictures of the boat-tail I need to sell. Since I am having difficulties moving pictures onto emails, and the one that usually helps me with such things is unable at this time to assist, I will for now post them here.
Many of these have been posted before on various threads over the past few years. They will show some details during and after initial restoration.

Construction of the wood framework and flooring, and showing the fitting of the gasoline tank. This body came to me without any wood. However I had restored another boat-tail some years before that had nearly half its original wood. Since the two bodies were very similar, I altered the dimensions slightly, but basically built this one like the other one had been.

This car's first endurance run. The vacuum tank gave us some troubles, and required roadside repair. The car had been fired up for the first time less than 36 hours before the start of the run, and we had several minor problems that day. But we did complete the 200 mile run.

A look at the coil box and ignition switches (yes there are two). The coil box switches between the battery and magneto, or turns the motor off. The combination ignition light switch also can turn the motor off, and controls the head and tail lights.

A couple people wanted to see pictures of the braking system.

I hope all those show up.
A couple did not make it. I will try to add them again later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 07:14 am:

Wow! It's great to see those. Very nice work. I wish I had room for another one.
Thanks
Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration