WEIDENHOFF Magneto Magnet Charger on CL, Taylor Texas

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WEIDENHOFF Magneto Magnet Charger on CL, Taylor Texas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 11:58 pm:

FYI Thought this might be of interest.

WEIDENHOFF MAGNETO MAGNET CHARGER

Antique Auto Mechanic's Tool
This very hard-to-find early automobile mechanic's tool came from a rural Texas estate where it was used to refurbish the magnets used in the magneto ignitions of antique cars and farm equipment. It is just as found except for the dust.This is not a large item, measuring about 8" x 5" x 5", but it is very heavy being made of cast iron, steel, and copper, so it will require solid packaging bringing the shipping weight up to 16 pounds, See pictures on CL Taylor Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 12:13 am:

"CORRECTION" This is listed on E-BAY,Not Craigslist. Current bid 104.95 6 days left on listing ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 01:15 am:

Here's the link for your convenience:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Antique-WEIDENHOFF-AUTO-MAGNETO-CHARGER-Model-T-et c-Revive-bad-Magnets/323127711365?hash=item4b3be99685:g:T4YAAOSwyXFaoVzK&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 10:44 am:

THANKS ERIK, I was unable to do post the link.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 02:24 pm:

I think that only charges one magnet at a time off of the flywheel.

Anyone ever seen an EASY way to charge the magneto still in the car?

I have seen hooking up multiple car batteries but who has that many extra good batteries laying around?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 03:13 pm:

Tom, you obviously don't have enough Ts, I have about 6 batteries by my charging station!

(humour)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Friday, March 09, 2018 - 03:15 pm:

On my last engine assembly I put the mag coil directly on the magnets before putting everything together. Used the batteries in series and gave them a few zaps.

Same as an in car charge but better because you are in direct contact with the magnets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Spadafore on Saturday, March 10, 2018 - 07:23 am:

Tom, there was a recent thread inn the forum titled "charging the magnets" that was last updated on February 28. It has what you're looking for.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration