Want to buy a floor mat for a Model NRS!!!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Want to buy a floor mat for a Model NRS!!!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Monday, March 12, 2018 - 08:01 am:

Hi Folks does anyone have a rubber floor mat for a Model NRS that they would like to sell? My contact info is in my profile. Thanks, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Monday, March 12, 2018 - 09:20 am:

Bob , I too would be interested , let me know if you find any..........Robert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 06:55 pm:

Bob & Robert,

Lang's used to sell them 10 or 20 years ago. At that time they may have kept some in stock. But they were a very slow mover. When Lang's finally started to run low on their supply and contacted the company to order some additional ones, it was discovered the company had been sold. Somewhere in the transition to the new owners the molds were lost etc.

I'm 70 % sure that sometime this century I read that someone had the floor mats for some of the EMF models reproduced. They were not done with a mold but rather by using a water jet process or something similar. I suspect that was done by Floyd Jaehnert of the Early Ford Registry but that also was 10 or so years ago. If there is enough interest I would think that the NRS&SR front mats could be reproduced in a similar manner. The obvious couple of questions would be do they go down in price the more that are ordered or is it the same price per mat for 1 or 50? The next question would be what would be the approximate cost etc.

If there are some other folks also interested I or you can contact Floyd and see if he was the one or knows who the person was that had the EMF floor mats reproduced. Or determine that is wasn't him and he never heard of any EMF floor mats being reproduced (I hate getting older ... I find I have remembered something wrong more and more often. But the good news it doesn't bother as long as it used to since I tend to forget that also....).

There is a good chance there is a factory drawing available for the floor mat.

Note, I'm 80% sure that the front floor of the early 1906 Model N's is not quite as wide and the later 1907-09 N, R, S & SR cars.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off (and yes my Model S Runabout could use a floor mat along with a lot of other things)

Google found the following:

Floyd has a photo of what appears to be a new Model S Roadster floor mat at: http://www.earlyfordregistry.com/jaehnert/050405-005.jpg

And that same photo and some others part way down of his Model S Roadster at: http://www.earlyfordregistry.com/jaehnert/jaehnert.html

At http://earlyfordregistry.com/newsletters/v9n4p1-16.pdf Richard Emery was offering new floor mats for the 2 cylinder Fords -- he might have recommendations to help the N, R, S, & SR Folks?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 06:12 am:

Hap, I had spoken to Floyd a few weeks ago and he told me he purchased them from Glen Rand. I've spoken to Glen a couple of times now and he doesn't have any more of them. He had them made by a company that can't find the mold and don't seem to have any interest in making a limited run so he was at a dead end. He had paid $3000 to have the pattern made and they didn't seem to care. Typical today, very poor customer service.I may have found one for my car, but won't know for sure till after April 1st when the Snowbirds fly north!If I can get my hands on this new one, I'll make some inquiries about having it reproduced. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 07:09 am:

Bob,

Thanks for the update. I suspect Glen's pattern was the mold that company lost when they purchased the original company.

Having a mold made is probably cost prohibitive? Although they may be able to use a computer to make the mold now days?

I think the water jet (and that may not be the correct term) used a computer to drive the nozzle and could basically produce small quantities for less than having the mold made?

Again -- I could be remembering that wrong. But I think it would be worth asking Floyd about if he knows if anyone reproduced some floor mats for the EMF that way or not.

Respectfully suggested,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 10:29 am:

I purchased one some time back from a fellow who advertised them for sale through EFR.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 09:52 pm:

At Chickasha there in the south building was someone who was making reproduction mats for EMF examples shown were all small and maybe the do not have the equipment for some large but I can't remember the name, I might have got a card but will have to unpack that box tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Monday, March 19, 2018 - 06:00 am:

Hi Gerome, I hope you can find that card, it would be a great lead! Thanks, Bob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration