Front Top Sockets for 1923 Runabout Needed.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Front Top Sockets for 1923 Runabout Needed.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 04:48 pm:

As it says in the heading ... mine are rusted out. Really need a solid pair of the metal sockets for the front bows on a 1023 runabout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 09:27 pm:

That should say 1923 runabout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MELVIN G,KING on Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 10:51 am:

If that is for a one man top,let me know,I need a set for my late 23. Another words I hope you find 2 sets.MEL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 11:48 am:

Mine is a "middle of the road" '23 with low hood and radiator but steel firewall. It has three bows, the front one detaches for folding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MELVIN G,KING on Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 04:46 pm:

If it has the slanted windshield it is the one man top if it is strait it is the two man top. MEL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 07:39 am:

Thanks. This is the first model T Iíve owned that had a windshield. :-) My previous car was a speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 10:48 am:

Type of windshield dictates the location of the iron where and how they are mounted in the body that the top bows mount to. Then too there is the top rest irons for when the top is down that mount in the corners. The parts book, 1927 body, shows 5178BIRX, R.H. and 5179BIRX L.H. (top bow mounting irons both touring 1922-1925) and 7775RX R. and 7776RX L. brace (for top rest runabout only). The Body book does not show good photos of the parts. I tried looking for photos of the irons but came up empty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 11:40 am:

Re: irons both touring 1922-1925, that should have been; irons touring rear (1921-1925) and roadster (1923-1925)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration