Forgot to pick up 4 demountable rims at Chicksha.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Forgot to pick up 4 demountable rims at Chicksha.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Saturday, March 17, 2018 - 12:54 pm:

Hi, I bought 4 demountable rims at Chickasha. I forgot to go back and load them. I do not know who I purchased them from and am back home. If you know who you are, please contact me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, March 17, 2018 - 03:12 pm:

Ignacio, 21" or 30 x 3 1/2" ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 12:38 am:

30 x 3 1/2" un-notched was to add to the collection to galvanize. Totally forgot to go back and put them in my van and didn't remember who I bought them from. Oh well. On the other hand I picked up a rear wheel for free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Horton, Utah on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 07:38 am:

It gets worse as you get older!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 10:23 am:

I left a complete engine I had bought at Pate swap meet back when I was a "young man" I remembered it as I crossed back into Arkansas on the trip home ... I attributed it to just being overwhelmed with the size of the swap meet back then. So it may not just be a "old guy thing" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 11:41 am:

Ignacio, hopefully, the guy that you bought them from is a Forum reader and will contact you. If not, I hope that his conscience gets to him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 03:33 pm:

Alway carry pen paper and write down space numbers
Hopefuly you get them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Lance on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 04:28 pm:

Hello,

For some of that did attend it may help if you could post a general location or area they were purchased as well as a description of other notable items they had in the space, and maybe a description of the individual. You may also be able to cross reference the space with a name by contacting the organizers of the event. Although I don't know a ton of people there, most of the older gentlemen knew each other...

Best of luck!

Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 11:10 pm:

In line at Chickasha I bought a large classic car trunk on a trailer further back. The seller told me he was on the asphalt off the corner of the North bldg. and I could get it anytime after we got in. I set up until dark and didn't get a chance to get it. Friday morning I started looking,several friends I told about it also looked but the trunk was not on the grounds. It was black sheetmetal with GM type reinforced ends and chrome strips in about 6" from the ends. The makers name started with a T. I didn't get name,space number or anything and probably will never see it again but if anyone knows anything about it I would appreciate a note. In the meantime I will keep eyes and ears open about these rims and bring this thread back to the top. I guess we're all stuck at being imperfect humans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Keller on Monday, March 19, 2018 - 12:03 pm:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, March 19, 2018 - 01:54 pm:

Ignacio:

Start with basics. Was the vendor inside a building that had a dirt floor? Was the vendor inside a building that had a finished floor? Was the vendor outside? I know many of the vendors there since I generally come every year. Establish what you can remember and we can narrow it down.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration