WTB: 21" Rim Spare Carrier Bracket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB: 21" Rim Spare Carrier Bracket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 07:54 pm:

In need of the big bracket that mounts a 21" rim to an earlier (1924) Touring.

I have the Y-shaped bracket....I'm needing the big hunk of metal that joins the Y-shaped bracket to the frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 08:46 pm:

Don FYI: The bracket you need doesn't use that Y like the 1926 cars. The correct 21" wood wheel spare bracket used on the 1925 cars that had the 4.40"x 21" wheels looks much like & mounts like the 30"x 3.50" bracket. I have a 1926 touring type bracket with the Y if that is what you want to use, but shipping from CA. to TX. would be expensive because it is heavy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 09:20 pm:

Thanks Kevin.

I guess I'll look for both...and see what turns up first.

I already have the Y (shown below)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, March 19, 2018 - 04:33 am:

I have the correct carrier for your car. PM me Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Monday, March 19, 2018 - 07:21 am:

Thanks Dan...PM sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 11:48 pm:

I've decided to modify my current spare tire carrier.

Thank you to everyone who replied to my ad.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration