30 X 3 1/2 Disc wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 30 X 3 1/2 Disc wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 02:58 am:

Set of four 30 X 3 1/2 disc wheels. In primer being redied for paint several years ago but never finished. $ 1000.00 plus shipping. They're in Hayward, CA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 09:37 am:

PM Sent

Kind regards,

Mario

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 10:29 am:

What manufacturer, Ed ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 10:39 am:

Here is a link to the photos of Ed's wheels....

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/849079.html?1521529770

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 10:41 am:

Ed - I scrolled down and visited your previous post with the photos - I have the same set of discs on my Racer and after going through loads of original advertisements, I come to the conclusion they were manufactured by an outfit that made steel "peddlers" box conversions for T Runabouts - senior moment - but I believe it was ------ Steel Products - or something to that effect. The "cereal bowl" brake drums are the obvious factor !

In 40 + years of playing with this stuff, those are only the second set I've seen ! They're nice wheels and take a standard Hayes rims.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 11:05 am:

I remember now !!! Motor Utilities Steel Products - the wheels appear to be 3 pieces riveted together and strong as hell !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 05:10 pm:

Thanks for the link Donnie and the mfg. details Steve. Never heard of Motor Utilities Steel Products. Anyway, they're sold! Thanks guys and MTFCA

Ed aka #4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick mischler on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 08:02 pm:

Cool I have 2 sets

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 08:33 pm:

I have a set on my Depot Hack as well. Seen them on Star automobiles as well with different hubs riveted in.

Check them closely, they tend to crack outboard of the wheel hub flange- I had one crack and a friend has some apart right now with cracks. Yes, they can be disassembled and repaired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Bohlen on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 10:38 pm:

They are good wheels. I have a set also. What is nice you can use big or small drums. with rocky mountain brakes. Will have this set at Bakersfield for sell.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration