Magnets ReCharged on Flywheel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Magnets ReCharged on Flywheel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Max Albert Treece on Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 06:36 pm:

Magnets Recharged on Flywheel Provides:

Engine Start at Lower RPM & Faster Acceleration

Magnets on Flywheel 27 held 322.46 pounds total, that is 8 times Ford's 40 pounds, 24.044 max, 20.154 average. On 11/16/17, one magnet held 27.258 pounds, that is 10.9 times Ford's 2 1/2 pounds.

Two pear shaped coils, one coil reverse wired in parallel, of #14 house wire, compressed vertically inside, each layer starts over from the large end, with a wide Model T magnet inside, are held perpendicular against an attracting magnet clamp plate 3277. The Charging Tool Magnet is half way out past the Side Plate to create a pole closer to the Flywheel Magnet end.

Benefits of High Magnetic Charge

Higher magnetic charge increases the magneto output voltage which allow the spark coils to fire the spark plugs at slower engine speed.

The higher voltage sine wave lasts longer before crossing the minimum threshold voltage required by the coils to fire a spark plug. This will significantly reduce the no response dead zone in spark advance when shifting from low to high gear. The driver will be able to more quickly advance the spark lever resulting in faster acceleration. If less magnet charge is desired, Lang's Old Car Parts sells a voltage regulator. Or reverse the polarity, takes 1 second. Recharge, takes 1 second, with a variable wire wound resistor in series with the battery charger ground output cable.

The Magnets ReCharged on Flywheel documents instructions with 121 high definition photos for coil winding, mandrel and coil construction, magnet assembly on flywheel, 16 engineering drawings in pdf format for coil design, charging and testing, flywheel balancing, magnet removal if necessary, crack cause and detection, three charts in pdf format and transmission handling. A 2 1/2" Starret dial indicator, easily mounted on a K R Wilson Magneto Gap Gauge per photos and instructions, provides superior improved magnet to flywheel alignment. Magnets ReCharged on Flywheel document is 166 pages (67 Mega Bites). Other items are 11.852 Mega Bites of other items includes test statistics. My e-mail can't send this information.

HOW TO GET A COPY OF ALL THIS INFORMATION:

For $1.19 bubble envelope + $3.50 postage + $15 Lexar 32 GB USB 3.0 Jump Drive stick, Sale Price = $19.69 (Send $20* bill) and I will mail the USB to your USA address, *or more if outside contiguous USA states.

Share my knowledge with other people and the Model T Ford Club of America website MTFCA.com. Max Treece, 5052 Windsor Dr., San Diego CA 92109-1341. My e-mail is not provided to avoid hackers.Magnet Charge ToolStarret Dial Indicator on K R Wilson Magneto Gap Gage2 1/2' Starret Dial Indicator on K R Wilson Magneto Gap Gauge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Max Albert Treece on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 03:02 pm:

The trick is simply creating the poles near the ends of the magnets for maximum flux, but far out of the side plate where the flux induces into the iron of the Magneto Ring. As you will see in my document, my Roller Pin Puller rolls and slides finding the charged magnet poles on the clamp plate which demonstrates that only a narrow contact is used to pass the the flux. The coils are wound on a mandrel where the first two super glued layers are compressed inside that allows maximum turns. Each layer starts over at the beginning of the prior layer that sets itís turn down in between the prior two wires called Nested. The pear shaped coils are inserted into a Model T Ford magnet which becomes charged and stays charged. Essentially, no power is wasted in the tool except for wire resistance loss. The point is that previously, no one had figured out how to use the alloyís charge capability on a Model T Magnet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 03:34 pm:

You haven't run that yet have you... I suspect your 8 times more magnetic is going to cause a ton of arching and jumping around under the hood, and it will run like crap. Been there done that! There is a reason Ford did what he did and didn't make an 8X / 240V super hot mag.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, March 23, 2018 - 10:51 am:

I know the homemade rare-earth magnet setups run good and I canít imagine this setup being any more powerful. Seems like killing flies with a howitzer, but Iíll be open minded about the results. Sounds like the guy is an engineer so maybe there will be some test data of actual usage published sometime soon?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, March 23, 2018 - 11:35 am:

I am not going to try and knock this but what I have read in the past is; even if the magnets are charged to hold a heavy weight (say 10-12LBS) they loose strength to what the material will allow, back down to the 2-3 pound range. Have the magnets been run and tested say 6 months? Year? Have the magnet strength been tested at 180-200 deg. F or at the normal operating temperature of the engine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Friday, March 23, 2018 - 11:41 am:

I had Max help me recharge the magnets on my 09 flywheel. I did a write up in the Forum where I explained that method of measuring how much the magnets will support. Maxís method of how much weight the magnet will support is VERY optimized. Most of us use an iron piston, which weighs just over two pounds. Maxís method uses a ground pin about 1Ē diameter and weights attached to that. My magnets each carried each carried more than eleven pounds.
When I ran the engine, it did run on the magneto without any noticeable difference to the running on a twelve volt battery.
It is my opinion that Maxís method of charging magnets is valid and gives consistently great results, but the very optimized method of measuring the weight carrying capacity of the magnets exaggerates the results compared to the original Ford magnets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Friday, March 23, 2018 - 02:01 pm:

I think this is b.s. Looks like the standard electromagnet we all use to recharge our magnets. If these claims were true then at highway speed the magneto would be pumping out over 200 volts! What would happen to our magneto powered lights? What about the snubber capacitor in the coils? I think this is the product of an overactive imagination.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration