Something NEW, this year at LURAY....CHECK IT OUT.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Something NEW, this year at LURAY....CHECK IT OUT.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 10:31 am:

Do you have an old car part or two you'd like to sell, but don't have enough to warrant renting a vendor space???

No problem at all... bring it with you to Luray and the Shenandoah Valley Racke"T"ers will try to sell it for you while you walk the grounds and enjoy our swap meet.

You heard me right. All new for this year at the Mid Atlantic Prewar Swap Meet in Luray, is our "manned vendor space" specifically for guests. You can bring along up to five (5) individual car parts and drop them off with us while you shop and enjoy the day. If it sells, you simply pick up your money on the way out the door. Here's how it works and the terms of use:

1) All items must be CLEARLY marked with the sellers name, phone number, and non-negotiable fixed price.
2) Each seller can drop off up to five (5) individual parts to sell.
3) The Shenandoah valley Racke"T'"ers will collect the money, record each sale and pay the sellers as they leave the show.
4) The club keeps 10% of the sale price, up to $100 maximum commission per item.
5) All parts must be carried in, and carried out by the seller or new buyer. SVR cannot help transport items to and from cars or the parking area.
6) If your part(s) do not sell, you must take them with you when you leave - no exceptions.

The SVR manned vendor space will be right next to our table where we sell our T-shirts and other wares. We're under the big oak tree as you enter the grounds. You can't miss us.

So bring that brass radiator collecting dust, That Splitdorf coil, or yes, even that 1909 Open-valve T engine... we'll be happy to sell em' for you while you enjoy the 2018 Mid Atlantic Prewar Swap Meet!!

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have... and we're looking forward to seeing you on May 18th and 19th!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 10:38 am:

Great idea. I have suggested that for the Marietta Swap, but they have not done it yet that I know of.

Thanks James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 01:47 pm:

Is there a size limit? As in would a turtle deck be to large?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 02:28 pm:

I am thinking about bringing a D-ring dash mounted pull starter. Any interest??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J. Ryan Snellen on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 04:10 pm:

I plan to be there again. Enjoyed my time last year.
Tom, I sent ya a message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 05:06 pm:

No size limit! Bring what you got fella's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 05:38 pm:

Fantastic idea, I have a couple items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Nolting on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 05:47 pm:

Luray is a great swap meet, Not as big as some but quality stuff. It grows some every year and is worth the drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 06:21 pm:

Please help convince me that it's worth a 1220 mile round trip from Canada. I'm having trouble considering that there are only 45 vendors, but will be missing Charlotte this year as we came home from Florida earlier than usual, and I still need a flea market fix.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 06:52 pm:

Bruce... I would never want to be the reason to lead a person to disappointment based on their own opinion of of a good swap meet, but let me say this:

- Guys come from as far away as Alabama, Illinois, Georgia, Florida, up-state NY, and all points in between to attend this meet... and they return the following year.
- If you need Model T parts, you will accumulate more parts in 2 hours than you can begin to find in 2 days at Hershey
- The scenery is beautiful and there are tons of scenic attractions within a 25 mile radius
- There is the Luray Caverns car museum which is home to SEVERAL brass era automobiles
- Tons of good Southern cooking at every turn throughout the town
- And you won't leave without making new friends.

In short, the Luray meet has become an event with a cult-like following. We love it. And if you've got the time, you can leave Luray and head to BBC up in Lancaster and make it a two-fer.

Hope this is a good convincer and that we see you on the 18th! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 08:02 pm:

What a great idea!

I will be shopping this year instead of vending at Luray but I will definitely bring a few T parts for the vendor space to sell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 11:14 pm:

Interesting idea be nice see how it turns out

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, March 23, 2018 - 07:55 am:

James, will your Martin Parry be there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, March 23, 2018 - 08:53 am:

Hi Tom. No, unfortunately I have to leave it home. I might be driving my 15 touring down to the show on Friday and then possibly my 1970 c-10 truck on Saturday. If you're ever traveling I-81 through Inwood, West Virginia, you're always welcome to come by and see the collection. I'm about 9 miles west of Inwood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, March 23, 2018 - 09:51 am:

Thanks I'd like to see it. I have a Martin Parry TT huckster with flare boards that run the full length of the body, not just the bed.. Very roomy, makes nice arm rests. I bought it in Parkersburg 4 or 5 years ago.

You had a nice write up in the Model T Times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, March 23, 2018 - 10:47 am:

Thank you Tom. Natalie Weaver did an incredible job laying out that article and it came out great. My truck will be preserved and never restored so long as I have it. Sounds like you have a nice one too. Hope to see you at Luray.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, March 23, 2018 - 04:00 pm:

Tom and Jim from one MP guy to another, how about a couple photos. I bet everyone would like to see them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 01:48 pm:

Also new for this year at Luray will be a Friday night dinner for all registered vendors. It's sure not to disappoint! So make plans to attend this years meet and if you have parts to sell, you can register as a vendor and load up the truck OR if you only have an item or two, drop it off at our manned vendor space so we can sell it for you. We're counting down!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration