WTB Hayes 3 pin drive wire wheel hubs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB Hayes 3 pin drive wire wheel hubs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Heyd on Friday, March 23, 2018 - 12:23 pm:

I would like to buy rear hubs and all four hub caps for early hayes wire wheels like picture.
PM me if you have something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 07:45 pm:

Did I see those wheels at Chickasha?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Heyd on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 09:28 am:

Yes that is where I bought them, and I found front hubs and one roached hub cap. Looking for rears and caps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Heyd on Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 08:59 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Heyd on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 01:12 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 01:53 pm:

There is a hub on eBay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Knapp on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 12:01 am:

In my experience, rear Hayes hubs are most frequently worn out in the taper and/or the keyway. Best approach is often to use a pair R&L of Hayes front wheel hubs and modify. Use a good pair R&L of wood wheel center hubs, machine the rear hub OD and the Hayes ID for a press fit into the front Hayes hubs, and heat/press into them.

Finish by welding or brazing around the inside front joint, and around the ~6" large diameter on the back side. You might drill a couple of side holes also and plug weld the outer to the inner there too. It likely is best to make and install new drive pins to replace any worn pins on the Hayes hubs before doing this.

With careful workmanship, you will be able to get a very serviceable rear hub unit.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration