Looks Like a Great Deal if it's Legit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Looks Like a Great Deal if it's Legit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 08:34 am:

Seen on Craigslist, I have no connection to the ad or the seller.

https://columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1925-ford-model/6538305869.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 08:41 am:

It's a scam. Only one picture and the car is on several CL pages and if in fact it's as nice as stated should bring a bit more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 09:03 am:

Turns out Jerome is correct, it's a scam, I should have checked it out first.

How did I check it out? I right clicked on the photo, a box pops up with an option to "search Google for image". Google then displays other web pages that contain that image, like so:

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZivpAdwW7DF5W7isnLFVcX-EmKWUCL6ALJBW38 o1Xf1oWLbY83O5NFzhyKJb4FGVoP4TouVMoHnPt8Rj8NZ_10tbY2VHknqG3qBI-7mRgRAhWZdLVeRHYu 9Lzkni21sGvRCb9uC6dliDoSIBXu2wniTnZEzv_1yc7jshtGT2s1rsinfrpBlprbAD5SRNUWaFw3h2mH ICazxok-hz3YaPoV7nbq5gem0MplgX-I4sOn_1ypPwNPCiEV7RUjcGqxp0w1fsyQ-486EHLsbQeCTFoX VYXl2JW1gEmOODfl7B-8cnJcxPnN6eIu1g_1bgz1gIv6NHuWtTEpm6cduoEzDEM8JJPrbzJpY-5w

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Duquette Grand Forks, ND on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 09:11 am:

Thanks for that info Mark! Looking for Ts all the time on CL and saw this one on a few upper Midwest listings. Appreciate knowing how to check on the listing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 10:46 am:

Price too low. If it had original paint, why would there be bondo? Besides, that is not original paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 12:18 pm:

Itís the scam pattern. People need to recognize the pattern, one photograph and a couple sentences of description Ė equals itís a scam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 10:34 pm:

James. is right on. One picture and NO CONTACT NAME Number or personal e-mail, they have changed their scam a bit, I have noticed some cars slightly above 10 K now still way under priced, one picture no contact info except through CL, there are a bunch of them all over the Country, I have fun zapping the "CROOKS" but it takes three strikes for CL to kick the ad off, So if every one who see,s one of these phony ad's would just click on prohibited, it would be a great help in stopping these crooks,and When in doubt zap them any way it takes three and Your OUT.If there is only one picture and no phone number there is a 99.9 % likely hood it is fake. X-COP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 10:53 pm:

James is right on, One Picture, No contact name, Phone number or posted contact info.and it,s 99.9 % FAKE, they have changed the scam a bit some times there is a longer description copied from a legitimate ad for a car sold on E-bay,CL and some scams list cars for over 10K but still way under priced for the product, If every one who see's these ad's would just hit the "PROHIBITED" box at the top of the ad it would be a GREAT help in stopping the crooks, If You are not sure ZAP it any way it takes three strikes before CL kicks the ad,s off, found this related information.

Pages that include matching images
Amelia Bailey 1925 Ford Model T - Anti Scammers
https://www.antiscammers.org/amelia-bailey-1925-ford-model-t/
300 ◊ 225 - Feb 24, 2018 - Amelia Bailey Is a fake seller operating under the next account amelia@xfinitymail.org and you can find more details here.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration