1912 T Touring F/S

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1912 T Touring F/S
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 06:11 pm:

1912 T Touring F/S. Eng, Trans, and axles are correct parts. #123740, cast 7/24/12. New top and very nice leather interior. New radiator. Very nice paint and correct pinstriping. Has an e-timer instead of coils. Some later parts. I have many more pictures. I do not have the “front doors”. Message me for contact info and we can go into more detail. Car located in Lakeland, Mn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 06:18 pm:

Thats a nice looking one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 07:10 pm:

Sorry I did not list my price....$25,000.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 08:13 pm:

Wowie Zowie! That's a nice one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 09:14 pm:

I am leaving Minneapolis, MN tomorrow but will be back in about a week or so dropping off again.

Will be headed to California & Oregon with room when I return to haul this if someone buys it.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 10:01 pm:

Did this model come from the factory with front doors?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Pfau on Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 10:13 pm:

The cow bell under the crank is a nice touch!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 12:40 am:

All 1912 touring cars came from the factory with fore-doors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 04:25 am:

Beautiful car! I wish I could consider it. Unfortunately, many people restoring these cars back in the '50s and '60s left the doors off when the 1912 touring cars were restored. It was BELIEVED by many at that time, that the fore doors were optional and therefore not needed. Besides, the car looked earlier without the doors. I state this simply as an explanation of why so many 1912 touring cars don't have their fore doors. The car is beautiful without them (although I do prefer them with the doors that belong), and acceptable almost anywhere in the hobby except for the most prestigious levels of judging. Late style fore doors do show up on eBad and swap meets like Bakersfield fairly often if an owner wants to try to find an original set. I have looked at several original fore doors over the years, and I would not hesitate to make a set if I had a car that needed them. Making a set may even be preferable to finding an original set because you would make your set to fit your car. Original doors are not always matching sets, and doors from one body supplier to another (or even within the same supplier from one month to the next) may not match or fit. A few people I have known that have gotten doors for their '12s have had a bit of a time getting the doors they got to fit their car.
The open roadsters and commercial or MIL roadsters did not have doors in 1912 (the last year for those body styles). The '12 torpedo roadster did have doors, which were not easily removable.
The car looks really nice to me (although I have not seen it in person), and looks to be as or more correct as most Ts of that vintage. I do hope the lack of the doors does not discourage anyone seriously considering this car. To me, the price seems quite fair for a nice '12 touring minus the doors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By len doyle on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 01:12 pm:

May I ask how things go with a long trip using an e-timer. Do you have to recharge the battery from a mains supply in the evenings? Or have you installed some system that uses the magneto to charge the battery?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william piccione on Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 12:11 pm:

Jeff. If the T is still available may I chat with you about it? Bill 312 342 0181

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 03:14 pm:

Sale is pending.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, March 30, 2018 - 12:39 am:

I have a very nice pair of front doors from a barn fresh 1912. I would consider selling them if someone were interested.

brasscarguy@comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Mathieson on Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 11:29 am:

THAT, is a Very Beautiful example!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 07:42 pm:

Yes, I think so!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 12:42 pm:

Bump

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 05:34 pm:

The car has been sold, thank you Tim!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 07:41 pm:

Ohhhh, my pleasure! ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 03:19 am:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 08:51 am:

Wayne!...get some sleep!! LOL :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration