FS or Trade: Accessory After Market Marquette Bumper

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS or Trade: Accessory After Market Marquette Bumper
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 12:14 am:

Removed from my 1924 Touring.
$150 can bring to Hershey in October (will be there Thursday) or pick up in NJ.
Will trade for motometer, top boot or Ford Script tools, or what have you?

Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 04:27 am:

Gene, PM sent. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 06:08 am:

Sale pending.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 11:39 am:

gosh,and I was in the bed when this was posted and spoken for! Maby 1 will show up at a swap meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin J. Perfitt on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 12:38 pm:

Whoa — wait wait wait. You listed this as an ‘accessory aftermarket’ bumper. I believe you. What do you know about the company that manufactured it?
Reason I ask is I’ve chased this old ghost for a long time General Motors twice manufactured a car under the Marquette name — 1909-1912 [approx.] and 1929-30.
Your bumper sure looks like something the former might have have used.
I’ve seen a good number of the 29-30 Marquettes, but never a trace of the earlier except for a few print ads. Are you certain that bumper is an aftermarket accessory?
Thanks!
P.S. You just singlehandedly got me to register after anonymously reading the mtfca forums for years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 12:57 pm:

Note the same logo style in the adv. as the bumper marking. Aftermarket accessory for the Ford. Marquette made several different accessories for the Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin J. Perfitt on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 01:13 pm:

Wow, quick. Thanks Dan! You’re right, the logo style is an exact match and not GM’s. Never heard of the St. Paul Co. This solves a mystery I won’t take your time with here.
Thanks again.
(I tried and failed to upload a pic of GM’s early Marquette ad - which explains all these posts saying ‘I can’t upload a photo’. Ugh. 250 kilobytes my rump - edited it down to 1cm x 1cm, still made that claim.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 01:15 pm:

Benjamin-there are 2 remaining 1912 Marquettes, as far as I know. Google will find you a photo of one. I have photos of the other, which I will try to post later today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin J. Perfitt on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 01:46 pm:

GM’s early Marquette

Emailed pic to myself, opened the email, several size options appeared to open the pic with, selected the smallest, then ‘saved image’ from that email. Phew - what a way.
(Sorry Gene for causing this thread on your ad)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 03:47 pm:

Boy, I wish I could have gotten it. I have the back bumper on my 1924 Touring but I am missing the front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 05:02 pm:

Gene, email sent. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 09:12 am:

Steven Sebaugh - I've sent you two PMs, but have not heard back from you.
Please check your PMs.

Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 10:02 am:

Gene
Sent you an email

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 10:24 am:

Anyone willing to pick this bumper up in Newton, NJ or at Hershey in October (if paid for now), can have it for $150.
I prefer not to ship it.

Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin LaGrow on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 11:07 am:

PM sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 10:02 am:

Last call on pick up at $150, otherwise I will ship.

Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin LaGrow on Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 10:42 am:

I'd really like to buy it if you would ship it. I'm from Oklahoma and in school so no way I can make it all the way there. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 11:51 am:

If you are shipping, waiting to here from you, if I was first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 03:40 pm:

Yes, If I ship, Steven was first to reply.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 08:30 am:

Sold without shipping.
Thank you to everyone who inquired.

Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 05:16 pm:

:-) See ye monday!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration