Wanted 30/3.5 wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted 30/3.5 wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Monday, March 26, 2018 - 10:47 pm:

I have a set of 21 inch with like new tires would trade for a good set of 30/3.5 wheels or buy yours let me know what you have

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 09:52 am:

Charles, I'm not interested in a trade, but I have a set of four Kelsey wheels with new, varnished spokes and freshly blasted and powder coated felloes and hubs that I would be willing to sell.

The wheels come with new tapered roller bearings and races (races not pressed in yet), new dust seals, and seven (7) nice Kelsey 88 rims with good edges that have been blasted and powder coated light silver. The wheels also come with a full set of new, correct style hub bolts (not hardware store carriage bolts), retainers, and matching nuts.

These wheels are ready to bolt on and use once the front bearing races have been pressed into the front hubs.

I built these wheels to mount on my 1924 cut-off touring car if the original Hayes wheels ever gave out, but I have had such good luck with shimming the spokes on my Hayes wheels that I realize I will not be using these Kelsey wheels and rims. Plus, now that I have the press and experience, I realize it wouldn't take long to re-spoke my current Hayes wheels if the need ever arises.

You can see the thread showing the buildup of these wheels here:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/454203.html?1404960383

I totaled up the bills and I have over $1800.00 invested in these wheels and rims. I'm asking $1800.00 for them, FIRM.

If interested, PM me and I'll give you first crack at them. You should plan on coming to pick these up, since shipping all of this would be a killer.

No snipers, please, until I have heard from Charles first. Not interested in negotiating, so don't bother with lowball offers. :-)

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 02:09 pm:

Absolutely beautiful Wheels the only problem is probably they're expensive and time you buy tires I have as much and a set of wheels and tires what the car is worth my goal some days to put a set of 3 by 3 and 1/2 wire wheels on it anyhow but I have to hand it to you that is one fantastic job

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 02:58 pm:

No problem Charles, thanks for the quick reply.

OK - Charles has passed on these wheels. If someone else is interested in the whole package (I will not split it up, so don't ask), at my asking price (if you want them shipped, it will be at your expense), PM me, thanks.

If nobody is interested, it's no big deal to me, they will stay in the basement waiting for their turn to go on Betsy. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 04:34 pm:

Mark, I'm really impress about your work you made to restore these wheels. Congratulation well done. If I'm leaving close from your place I will them for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By danny castle on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 09:47 pm:

I'd like to Buy them...trying to figure out how to get them to central TX. Going to get some shipping info tomorrow, can you PM me phone / contact info? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 09:38 am:

Holding the wheels and rims for Danny while he figures out the shipping, thanks Danny! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By danny castle on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 10:15 pm:

Mark , thanks -- calling you tomarrow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 10:45 pm:

Don't you just love the way you start a add looking for some wheels and they just take over and I still need wheels a good solid set of 30.3 1/2 Wheels

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 09:51 am:

Sorry Charles, you have a point. :-)

Does anybody have a set of used 30 x 3.5 inch wheels that they would be willing to trade to Charles for his 21 inchers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 01:24 pm:

I'm willing to buy them outright don't have to trade my original ad said I would purchase outright thanks Charlie from Ohio

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 03:34 pm:

If you were to go with 30"x3-1/2" wire wheels... What are you hoping to find... Brand? Rebuildable? Useable? Rebuilt? New?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 05:42 pm:

Just want a good usable set of wheels not interested in junk my top pick would be Dayton house Houck or Buffalo but you know what they say about beggars

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 05:58 pm:

There is some good info here.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/696044.html

Some wheels are better than others, but all are prone to abuse! It's best you do some homework before you start looking.

Good, complete sets of wheels are hard to find. Most of them are already on a car. Myself and many others have had to buy whole cars just to get the wheels. Good luck with your search, they are out there, you just have to find em!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 07:37 pm:

I've had a couple of sets thanks for the info but I know what I'm doing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 10:24 pm:

I have not seen a set of 30x3 1/2 Budd disk 4 bolt
wheels like the ones I have. They are made to use
wood wheels center. As far as Pasco wheels I have
several along with 2 sets of Budd wires, and a few sets of Dayton pin and Dental drive and a few others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 11:47 pm:

They all sound great what's up for sale if any thanks Charlie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By danny castle on Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 11:54 pm:

Sorry Charlie ! sorry ..couldnt' help it..lol....Apologize for jumping in on your thread., I had been wheel searching also & hope you find the right set ... cheers

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration