Suicide rim parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Suicide rim parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Friday, March 30, 2018 - 07:18 pm:

I have a rear wheel for a 1 ton truck, the rim part that has the two snap rings that want to kill you, I need the small ring that is about the size of your finger, I have the flat ring the little round ring fits over the flat ring and the lug tabs clamp over the smaller ring. Don't know the size of the rim but I think it is 20 inch a 6.00 20 tire fits the rim. If anyone has the smaller ring call 417 448 9382

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, March 30, 2018 - 09:26 pm:

If its a 3 piece rim, itís not a correct TT rim...

Make sure you check the fit on your wheels before you risk going any further!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Friday, March 30, 2018 - 09:42 pm:

the tire fits the rim, the rim fits the wheel, the wheel fits the axle and it will work if I can find a snap ring and what I will be doing in parades and in car shows in are part of the country nobody is going to know the difference I hope you have one I can buy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 09:48 am:

Post a photo of your rim. If it fits the wheel real well, I have a suspicion that it may also take a single lock. I do have one of those. Also see if there is anything readable around the valve stem hole on the tire surface. If there is, I can look it up in my wheel books and if there is an illustration, can post it here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 09:51 am:

I had a set of Kelsey TT rears that had a thin ring that went between the wheel and the tire rim. The rings were multi sided but about 5/16" on the biggest side. Sold all my Kelsey stuff though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 09:55 am:

Mine were 23"
Is this the piece you need?

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/396728.html?1382657777

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration