Red Rubber Headlight Hose

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Red Rubber Headlight Hose
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 02:39 pm:

Langs and Restoration Supply no longer carry this stuff. Does anyone have any they bought and wishes to sell?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Geil on Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 03:19 pm:

Larry,
I think it's just acetylene welding hose .
Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 03:22 pm:

What's the diameter?

How about red acetylene hose from the local welding supply?

https://store.cyberweld.com/smacho12fegr.html?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_sour ce=googlebase&cvsfa=2530&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=736d6163686f313266656772&gclid=EAIaIQobC hMIg7fMpuWZ2gIVArjACh2krwLQEAQYAiABEgLJjPD_BwE

Or

Red rubber air hose - take your pick

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=red+rubber+air+hose&ie=UTF- 8&oe=UTF-8&gws_rd=ssl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 04:36 pm:

I'm sure Larry knows what he is looking for.
FWIW Here are (top to bottom):
Vendors gas light hose
My 40 year old air hose
New air hose
Old welding hose.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 04:52 pm:

Does anyone know the spec of what the period correct hose should be? ID / OD, any plies of reinforcement?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 06:43 pm:

Larry, I have had a big role of it for years. I think there is still some left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 06:43 pm:

Look in McMaster Carr, they have small diameter red rubber hose that looks to me that it would work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 06:55 pm:

Larry,
How much do you need?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 07:05 pm:

Gentlemen: Thank you for your kind replies. I will use acetylene hose if I have to but I was hoping to get what Erik posted above. It seems to me, if acetylene hose is correct, the vendors would be selling it! I believe I saw some that Restoration Supply was selling awhile back and it looked like what Erik posted in the top photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 07:13 pm:

I spoke with my dad and he said 65 years ago they used something called beer keg air line hose. The hose is ribbed.

All the stuff probably comes off the same roll regardless of what it is used for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Monday, April 02, 2018 - 11:43 am:

Look at red rubber hose that is used in high school science classes to provide gas to Bunson burners. I've purchased this hose from school supply companies.

I hope this helps,
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, April 02, 2018 - 03:43 pm:

Gum rubber vacuum hose with cloth impression finish:

http://www.massvac.com/gauges-hoses-and-fittings/

Red gum rubber tubing:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=node%3D700785011&field-keywords=red+ gum+rubber+tubing&rh=n%3A700785011%2Ck%3Ared+gum+rubber+tubing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Monday, April 02, 2018 - 04:34 pm:

Snyders has it for $6.50 per foot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, April 02, 2018 - 05:54 pm:

Looks like Snyder's buys it off the rack - see my post above - red gum rubber tubing:

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/gas-lamp-hose

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 01:49 am:

ok, so we now know that what we’re looking for is not acetylene welding hose. the fabric finish red gum rubber hose (sometimes sold as vacuum hose) looks like the stuff that the vendors have been selling. BTW, Snyder’s is backordered (as of about a month ago)

Does anyone know the dimensions of the vendor supplied hose, i.e. inside diameter, outside diameter, wall thickness? my ‘14 came without any of the lighting hoses, so i don’t have a sample to measure or compare to....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 09:50 am:

Larry, I have hose that I found. I have written PM. I will be out of town til 4/6. Let me know ,as it is going nowhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Bailey -Farmington CT. on Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 10:00 am:

Restoration supply co. Sells it......800-306-7008 or www.restorationstuff.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Bailey -Farmington CT. on Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 10:08 am:

Sorry . Should have actually read the first post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 12:17 pm:

Snyders, Langs, and restoration supply are all out of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 01:40 pm:

I second. What are the dimensions? I see the 5/8 OD 1/4 ID looks about right. Im considering ordering 10 ft roll off ebay if thats the same stuff the venders sell. I need for 3 cars anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 03:49 pm:

The formerly available repop hose is 7/16" outside diameter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 04:15 pm:

Is it 3/16 or 1/4 inside diameter?

What was the original stuff like? Smooth or fabric coated, and size? I dont recall coming across that info before now that i think of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 08:57 pm:

1/4" ID. The repop hose has a clothlike pattern embossed into it. I don't know if that's original style or not but suspect that it is.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration