WTB Original Early Front License Bracket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB Original Early Front License Bracket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 12:00 pm:

I would like to find an original front license plate bracket set for my 1909 Touring. Please let me know if you have one you would be willing to part with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 12:12 pm:

I have a NOS Neverout bracket set ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 04:50 pm:

Steve, I would be interested in seeing photos of what you have. DanielSnell2@twc.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 06:47 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 09:34 am:

btt Still Looking

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 03:19 pm:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 03:37 pm:

Our 1912 had a bracket that clamped over the bottom round of the had light fork, don't know if it was original to the car. Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 05:21 pm:

Here are some of those types, from 1913 and 1915 catalogs of accessory car parts.

May have a chore finding these today at swap meets!

If you only want to put the plate under the hand crank, would think the typical Ford #3664E (Lang's repro) 2 piece for the front crankcase mount would be good.

Or Lang's has a snappy brass front bracket for the early cars.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3664BR.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Swift on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 06:18 am:

It is my understanding that certainly up to 1915, and maybe beyond, all Ts were sold without Front licence brackets and the plate was merely tied on with a piece of leather. I use the leather cord used on treadle sewing machines - see enclosed photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 08:20 am:

Andrew, I understand that ford did not offer anything for the front license plate initially. I am looking for an aftermarket original preferably, one that would bolt to the front engine mount or perhaps one that would bolt to the headlamp rim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 11:17 am:

This bracket was on our 1912 our plates in Manitoba start in 11 prior to this it was leather. This bracket is extra wide it will take 1911-15-16-17-18-19 than the plates get small thats why the extra hole, in 1932 the std plate size was started. For our 12 is bracket was still on the car but the first picture we have of the car 1936, it has a 1932 plate attached between the hood and windshield. I do not know what year this would be, based on the plate size most likely added between 15 -19 Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 01:11 pm:

Colin, this appears to be the type that mounts on the headlight fork, correct? Are there any manufacturer's marking on them? PM me or email with price and availability.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 01:18 pm:

Hello Daniel Yes it mounts on the U part of the fork No markings, i still use this on the 12 when doing movies or evens so this is not for sale ,I will keep my eyes open for one I have the local swap meet and most stuff in Dads garage cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 11:44 pm:

I found this one today Daniel - drop me a note if you're interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, April 30, 2018 - 12:20 am:

In my opinion, this style is by far the best. It would be a good project for someone to reproduce.

Note the dog leg - this keeps the crank from getting hung up on the plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Monday, April 30, 2018 - 08:14 am:

Steve, I sent you a pm. Erik, if those are for sale, let me know.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration