WANTED: '13 - '14 Door Latch Spring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WANTED: '13 - '14 Door Latch Spring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 08:40 pm:

Hey Folks - I'm in dire need for a replacement spring for the front door on our '14 Touring - I have several varieties of early handles but not one just like the one pictured - anyone help or have a suggestion ? I have another good latch BUT I'd have to open up the door upholstery board and remove the brass trim which won't fit if I open it up !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 11:09 am:

Steve: If you have a good pattern, what I have done with stuff like that is I make my own. First, I mike the diameter of the wire. I then order the wire from McMaster Carr. It takes some practice, but I have been successful doing that. Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 12:13 pm:

Thanks Larry - I found what appears to be an identical spring on Ebay !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 08:09 pm:

Steve, can you use any of these?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 08:56 pm:

Yes, yes I can - the one on the left should work !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 09:17 pm:

Send me your address, its yours!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 09:44 pm:

Much obliged, my friend !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 10:48 pm:

Steve,
About 10 years ago I had to replace the spring in a 1914 door latch like yours.
I have a few "mechanic's assortments" of door lock springs for cars from the 1920's to the 1940's. It may seem strange, but the spring that I used was specified for 1939 Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, and Desoto. It worked great. Most of the old door lock springs are quite large as my photos show, but that Chrysler spring is the right size, using a penny for reference. If Kim's spring is too large, send me a PM with your address.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 10:51 pm:

Thank you kindly, Jim - I will surely do that !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration