WANTED: Dropped Front Axle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WANTED: Dropped Front Axle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 05:14 pm:

Anyone have a dropped front axle (not pitted, good threads) that is excess to your current needs? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 12:03 am:

I have one from an early dirt track car. I will loo at the threads when I return from Bakersfield.

brasscarguy@comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 05:13 am:

thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 06:13 am:

There was a couple at larry's place

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 06:13 am:

There was a couple at larry's place

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 07:30 pm:

How do I follow up with his daughter? Or are you willing to check with her and get a price? I think she'll remember me, we were at the house short before Larry passed away. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 01:55 pm:

Bumping this back to the top and current. Still looking. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 03:29 pm:

Joe, Langs advertise them for $285, might give them a call.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 04:04 pm:

If you have a good axle, you can have it dropped here:

https://www.droppedaxles.com/ford-dropped-axle#1909-27%20model%20t

Your profile doesn't say where you are located. This outfit is in Guthrie, OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 08:24 pm:

Had two T axles done at sids and one A axle
All came back better then shipped

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 09:34 pm:

I recently emailed Sids but haven't heard back (I'm sure every one's busy with the holidays, so I'll give it to the end of the week.) Reason for my email was to know if he drops your axles (the one you send him), rather than one off the shelf. I've heard some horror stories about some badly pitted dropped axles sent by more than one of the major suppliers, just trying to avoid that drama. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 10:01 pm:

I call them and tag my axle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 10:22 pm:

Yup, happened to me (not Sids, never heard of that place). I was instructed to send a good core so I chose the best I had, a perfect axle thinking I would get the same one back. I received a dropped axle with a hole in the center from when it was used in a trailer and stripped king pin holes on one side. This was Rootlieb and I complained and was told that I got a dropped axle that I purchased. I fixed it but will never forget that experience.

Regardless, good for those people who will do this work and possibly accept the liability of front axle modifications. I would never go into this business with somebody having an accident and blaming the front axle modification. As I have advised before for manufactures "for novelty use and display only".

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 11:33 pm:

Nostalgia Sid's is the way to go. You can either purchase a "new" to you axle that he's got on the shelf, or you can send him your specific one. Either way he's first rate. If you get one he's got on the shelf it'll be flawless. If you haven't heard back it's probably just because it's the 4th. However, the best thing to do would be to just call him. I dealt with him on the phone and he's fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 02:26 am:

Sid's is the best, I have two of his axles, a 2" drop and a 3" drop, both stretched to stock T width and with good king pin holes, etc. I had a 2.5" drop axle from another supplier like Tim Moore did and I couldn't use it with out rework, it was so bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 11:06 am:

Before you do a lot more calling and looking, you might want to figure "what" drop you want. There isn't just a standard drop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 11:53 am:

The amount of drop is not all that important, this is sort of a hybrid application. I have a reverse eye spring, 26/27 spindles and or a set of Chevy to fine tune where I eventually want the drop to be. Thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration