FS Model T Coils

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS Model T Coils
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Feskens on Friday, April 13, 2018 - 05:46 pm:

New. Never used. These coils were still sealed up in plastic bags when i acquired them. I opened them up and reset the cushion spring rivet, dressed the points on a diamond stone, and adjusted the points on a Strobo Spark tester. 7 coils available. $60.00 each plus shipping. Questions contact Chris 503-559-6233 or cfeskens@comcast.netCoilsCoilsCoils

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Friday, April 13, 2018 - 06:05 pm:

I would like four.

r.matheny@aol.com

thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Feskens on Friday, April 13, 2018 - 06:27 pm:

Set of four coils have been sold to Robert. Three still available. Thank you MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Friday, April 13, 2018 - 06:52 pm:

I'll take the last 3. 4 if you have them. Trying to get a friend's T Firetruck running.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Feskens on Friday, April 13, 2018 - 07:49 pm:

Last three coils are sold pending payment to Noel. Thank you MTFCA
Thanks,
Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 12:23 pm:

I know I will be roundly criticised for doing this, but I feel it is better to let unknowing Model T guys know before getting involved with poor quality ignition coils being sold.
Perhaps Chris Feskens is not aware of this and I am truly sorry if this message upsets him?
These coils are made by a company named Bauer in Oregon and have been for sale by Model T parts suppliers for many years. Their secondary winding failure rate is very high, are very poorly constructed, adjusted and for those reasons most parts suppliers no longer sell them.
Over many years when I get these coils in my shop I refuse to work on them and have thrown hundreds of them in the garbage.
This hobby is pampant with poor quality items being sold to unsuspecting Model T owners. Before you buy a reproduction Model T part you need to consult someone who has knowledge of their fitness for purpose.
There are three manufacturers making new reproduction Model T coils and only one of them makes a good quality part that will last.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 12:39 pm:

So Chris, how do you feel about Ron's comment?

Will you let the buyers back out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 04:05 pm:

You can hang me on the cross also, I agree with Ron on those coils. Iv had a couple and they are junk. Better to just use them as tire stops.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 04:14 pm:

Which of the three manufacturers make the best coils then?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 04:35 pm:

The best quality newly manufactured Model T Ford ignition coils and made by FunProjects.
There are also several Model T Ford parts suppliers selling good quality rebuilt original Ford coils.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 08:15 pm:

Would you rather know now, or on tour?

Thanks Ron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 08:30 pm:

I've had several dealings with Chris - straight up guy for sure !!!

Unsure of the purpose of your comment Robert M. ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 10:21 pm:

I personally would do not comment on anyone’s for sale post whether I agree or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 10:29 pm:

I save my commentary on someone’s For Sale post for the chat Forum. Seems that is what that place is for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Feskens on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 10:30 pm:

Thank you for your information. Did not realize that these coils were a poorly constructed product. The buyers will be contacted for a full refund. Thank you again. Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 08:11 am:

Thank you Chris, I have always stood behind what ever I was selling, sorry none of it was your fault.

Steve, my question was for Chris, it didn't concern you.

Oh to be as perfect as Jeff Perkins...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration