Help! Need to sell two Model Ts quickly, '24 Coupe, '19 Boat-tail

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Help! Need to sell two Model Ts quickly, '24 Coupe, '19 Boat-tail
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, April 13, 2018 - 11:44 pm:

I need to sell two Model Ts quickly. We're looking at moving out of state and need to sell some things. One Model T '24 Coupe and a '19 Boat-tail. The prices will be fair, and negotiable because I want to make this as quick and painless as possible. I will start by asking about $7000 for the coupe, and $4500 for the speedster.
The coupe has been started a few times the past two years, but not driven in that time. It will likely need some minor servicing before major touring, but does have a good tour history from many years ago. It is an older restoration, interior is not done correctly, but looks okay and is quite usable. Paint is chipped in many places, and has been poorly touched up, but looks pretty good from twenty feet. The wheels had new spokes put in about a dozen years ago, and seem very good. It has a Ruckstell, and a Rocky Mountain six speed transmission. The car also has very good brakes (for a model T), and several other accessories.
It also has a few things I wanted to change back to correct, but never got around to. Some people would consider the 12 volt and distributor a plus (although I really didn't, but that is me). Be aware, there is an interested party for the coupe, but nothing has been decided yet.

The boat-tail has not run or been driven in almost four years (ridiculous, I know). The restoration was never completed, but it was up and running and looking decent, and went on a few endurance runs as well as local driving. It will need some servicing before using, but was running very well when last driven (ran when parked!). It has a Muncie overdrive, and large drum Bennett Brakes on the pedal. Brakes were adapted to fit a small drum T rear end. Independent emergency brake on the brake handle. Wheel spokes are original, and wheels were tightened about ten years ago. I think they may need to be tightened again (or respoked would be better). With just a bit of effort, it could be used and enjoyed pretty much as is. Or it would make a great start to a very nice full rerestoration. (Paint and upholstery (almost laughable upholstery) are usable, but not nice as is.
Both cars could use a couple new inner tubes due to slow leaks.

Cars are located in Grass Valley. Best to contact me through site personal messages as I am often out of cell phone reception area. Give me your phone number and good times to call, I will try to call back.
Or you can try to phone me 9 two 5 - nine 8 zero - six 9 zero 8, leave a message if I don't answer. Make an offer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 12:21 am:

TT
Hope all is well Wayne.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, April 14, 2018 - 12:32 am:

I'd like to get out of this state too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 02:00 am:

Hal, you and Wayne better move before they vote to split CA into several smaller states.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, April 15, 2018 - 07:23 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, April 16, 2018 - 12:03 am:

Where are you planning to move to? I have 2 friends that lived in Oakhurst. One has already moved to southern Washington. His advantage is Washington no income tax, He is close enough to Oregon to take advantage of their no sales tax. The other friend is waiting for retirement in a couple of years and he too has purchased a home in southern Washington.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 12:49 pm:

Bump

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 05:05 pm:

Well, I thought these were sold, and I don't know what was really going on. Payment was expected a few weeks ago, but all I got was excuses. I don't want to say much about it, because it may involve someone that is on this site from time to time. I don't really know at this point. I finally gave a "drop dead time", and got another delaying excuse which I refused. Bad enough to have to sell two cars I wanted to keep and enjoy for years to come.

Both cars do need some attention and servicing. The Boat-tail's restoration was never finished. It was at a midway point where I had most of the car together how I wanted it, just needing to repaint in a decent quality, replace the seat covers and detail a lot of things. The wheels should probably have new spokes put in, although the wheels were tight and strong ten years ago. I had the boat-tail's battery tied into a modern plastic battery box when I was driving the car. I had started making brackets to hang the battery in the floor behind the seat back, but never got them finished or installed. At this point? I feel that detail should be completed by its new owner/caretaker as they may decide they would rather do it differently. The boat-tail is currently a six volt system, but could be easily changed. There is no generator or starter for the car, although they could be added by the new owner if desired. The battery with the car is practically dead.

Again, The coupe is an older restoration, done in the '70s, and showing its age. It looks pretty good from twenty feet, and should be very usable with only some minor servicing. The upholstery was not done correctly, but looks decent and is very usable. Its electrical is mostly twelve volt, which I had hoped to change, but never got around to. The battery is dead-dead, and frankly, I am too broke at this time to buy one for it. The wheels were respoked by the previous owner, and look nice. With the brakes, Ruckstell, and overdrive, it should be a great tour car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 06:53 pm:

These need to go. I have a low offer for one that I may have to take. Cash and space needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 12:46 am:

Wayne, call me on Sunday. Let's make a deal.
Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 04:26 am:

Sorry Erik, The fellow I had told you about called shortly after I last spoke with you. He decided he wanted both. The cars are now sold and gone. I think they got a good home (a friend of a longtime old friend). I will call you in the next couple days regardless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 10:40 am:

That's great, Wayne, talk to you soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JAMES STARKEY Naperville, IL on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 05:07 pm:

Wayne,
I was about to ask you if you wanted me to post your speedster on my Speedster Facebook forum. 3,500 members. Looks like you are covered and done!. Drop me a line. Itís been a while.
Jimmy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration