Wanted:Tie Rod With Good Threads For 1924 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted:Tie Rod With Good Threads For 1924 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 04:38 pm:

I purchased new tie rod yoke ball, ball cap, and bolts with flip oilers from Lang's.
While installing I've noticed that the driver's side yoke (opposite the side with the ball and cap) threads are stripped.
Not sure what can be done about this and think I'd be best off with a good used or NOS tie rod?

I appreciate any advice/help.

Gene in Newton, NJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Iaccino on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 06:28 pm:

pm sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BEN WELCH on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 09:20 pm:

i make tie rods. start with 3/4 steel , grind ends a little thread to 11/16 fine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Iaccino on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 10:10 am:

Gene, email sent. John

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration