Wanted, One used 26-27 wire wheel hubcap repo OK.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted, One used 26-27 wire wheel hubcap repo OK.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 04:57 pm:

I lost one of my 27 wire wheel hubcaps. It was a repro so no great loss. But now I need a used cap to somewhat match my other three. My hubcaps look to be chrome and have some wear and scratches, but still look fairly nice and shiny. I would probably rate them a 6 or 7 out of 10 as to condition. If any one has a single cap that is in fair to good condition Im in need .:-) .... PM message or e-mail to dobro (at) artelco.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 11:25 pm:

Donnie, I feel your pain. I used to own a "survivor" 1969 Plymouth Valiant two door sedan. Finding parts for it that matched the patina of the rest of the car was a bear. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 12:57 pm:

Donnie, I may have what you are wanting. I probably have several used ones. The only one handy to view right now, has a dent near the embossed area and the nickle plating has tarnished, but I have others that I'll have to check condition on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Nunn on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 01:23 pm:

Donnie, I have some extras too in case Terry doesn't come through for you. I recently acquired my late uncle's small stash of parts, which includes some caps. I cannot comment on their quality until I get to the shop tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, April 19, 2018 - 09:24 pm:

Here are some pics of one of my remaining caps. They may help as to condition. My caps have 18 retaining tabs... A new cap does not cost much, but I think it will stick out as being new. So Im hoping to find a used one, before I have to buy it new...

I also have e-mails from a couple other forum members. So there are several good folks looking for me a hubcap. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to look ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, April 20, 2018 - 01:00 am:

Donnie, I never bend all of the tabs over like your picture shows. If you ever have to remove it; chances are the tabs won't hold a second bending. Bending all of them may make you and the cap, feel more secure, but bending even just every other one, leaves you the same amount of unbent ones for a second go round.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration