For Sale: Beautfiul Original Set of 4 Kelsey 88 Rims 30 X 3 1/2

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale: Beautfiul Original Set of 4 Kelsey 88 Rims 30 X 3 1/2
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Friday, April 20, 2018 - 03:41 pm:

This is an exceptionally nice set of Kelsey #88 Rims 30 X 3 1/2. They have been sandblasted and finished with a rust inhibitive aluminum finish. Very nice smooth rounded bead edges. It would be hard to find a nicer original set. $400 plus shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Friday, April 20, 2018 - 03:42 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Friday, April 20, 2018 - 10:07 pm:

Larry, I am curious, and do not mean to be critical in any way, but what is the reason you do not have the rims cadmium plated? I have always had my T rims plated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Friday, April 20, 2018 - 11:41 pm:

Hello Daniel,
A lot of guys are looking for good, origional, driver quality rims without spending an arm and a leg. If I were to add the additional cost for shipping out,plating, and return shipping to the rims, most guys could not afford them. The finish on these looks close to the cadium and is a nice durable finish. If someone wants to have them cadium plated, they can still have that done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 01:40 am:

When were T rims cadmium plated? All I've ever heard was they were zinc plated. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 08:04 am:

From my understanding cadmium plating is a close match to the original zinc plating. I have been informed by professional restorers that the original zinc plating is not being done anymore. But?

Larry, do you have the mounting hardware for the Kelsey rims?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 10:28 am:

Hello Daniel,
The price on these is for the set of four rims. Bolts + lugs not included.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 10:46 am:

Do you have them available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 02:33 pm:

Daniel,
I have the bolt sets new for 42.95 a set.
There are a couple different Kelsey lugs that were used with these rims. I would have know which metal fellow You have to determine which lugs You need. I am getting low on them so I may not have full sets of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 03:46 pm:

I sent you a pm about the wheel make.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Andrew Ruffles on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 05:05 pm:

Larry emailed you a message

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 05:17 pm:

Sold to Andy,
Thank You,
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 08:46 pm:

Daniel, if you can't find the loose lugs for those rims, there are two alternatives. Langs list both the Nuts with the flat flange and CNC machined lugs. Both are perfect, just too perfect when compared with originals. Being totally machined, each is identical, they are costly, but at least they are available.

Alternatively, I have electro zinc plated originals of nuts and lugs. Let me know what you need and I will get a postage quote on their weight for shipping.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 04:58 am:

Larry G. there are indeed two different Kelsey lugs for these rims, also two different #88 rims. They are all interchangeable, any combination of rims or lugs will work, I have/had all of them. As far as I know, there is just one style of felloe, it works with any of the rims and lugs. There are some threads on the forum that discuss this. Just a heads up. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration