Pancake Hassler Bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Pancake Hassler Bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Friday, April 20, 2018 - 10:43 pm:

What is the size/length/grade bolts used on pancake Hassler shocks? I have read through numerous posts about installing the pancake Hassler shocks but have not found the size/length/grade bolts used with them. I believe they are common bolts (unlike the ones used on the earlier Hassler shocks).

Are the bushings used on the shackles and spring perches standard size? I believe the bolts are common bolts and the bushings are standard but do not want to "assume" this is true.

Can someone please confirm this for me?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 01:01 pm:

The shackle bushings are Ford size of course.

The front and rear Pancake brackets use the same bolt for the rear two parts, the arm and the fitting. The front bracket uses the Ford front perch. Same size bushings.

Best to have a bolt clear of threads for 3" to allow bearing surface in the bushings.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration