For Sale: Original Ford Coilbox Switch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale: Original Ford Coilbox Switch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - 07:06 pm:

This is a real nice original switch - no chips and screw holes all good - choice of face plates - switch w/original brass plate $200 - switch w/repro $175 - I'll pay the postage in the U.S. Drop me a note through here or stevestsatcenturylinkdotnet - you know the drill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Poole on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 09:13 am:

Steve,
I'm interested, but what kind of key fits this switch, and do you have any?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 10:56 am:

Steve: What I do on the back side of those switches, is I skin a piece of white insulated wire, and save the white part for the back of those switches. McMaster-Carr also sells it, but I don't know what it is called. The 1913 KW switches use the same stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 11:06 am:

Richard - I'll send you a note and yes, I have the correct pin type key for it.

Larry - I used black sheathing for this switch - it's model train wire !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 12:07 pm:

Steve and Larry, Please tell us more about the black or white sheathing for the back of the switch. What's it for and do you have a picture? I think this might help many of us.

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 12:26 pm:

I use my model train wire - might be 22 gauge without digging it out - cut a piece, strip one end and grab a couple of strands and pull - once you get a couple removed, simply pull the rest of the remaining strands out and voila - new switch sealing gasket !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 06:49 pm:

Pending sale - thanks MTFCA !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration