Old Sol Spotlight w/ rear view mirror

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Old Sol Spotlight w/ rear view mirror
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Larson on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 10:25 pm:

Friends, I'd like to offer this old spotlight the community before it goes to eBay ...

New internal wiring, new single filament bulb receptacle, bulb works, looks like original glass & mirror - no cracks, clamp/hardware complete and functional. Look at the pictures for condition. Not perfect but good.

Clamp it to your windshield post and extend the wiring to ground and power. She's ready to run. $175 plus $15 shipping.

**NO PMs*** erik_larson(at)hotmail(dot)com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 12:32 am:

This may sound like a stupid question, but I have a light just like Erik's, above, except mine is not restored. I have never figured out where the "clamshell" mounting clamp mounts on the car, especially a closed car. Were they only made to clamp on an open car windshield post?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 05:01 am:

Terry, those type of spotlights have been mounted on closed cars by making a mount that looks something like a handle. A piece of pipe or tubing that the clamps will fit on with a small angle (L shaped pieces) welded on each end with holes in them to mount on the car. Do a Google search for "spotlight mounts, MTFCA" , that should bring up some posts. In fact there is a thread that was posted recently on here about a brass mirror mount that is very similar. I have a spotlight very similar to Erik's, but I don't want to drill holes it my mostly original '25 coupe to mount it. :-( Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Larson on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 11:30 am:

Bump

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration