'25 Tudor with patina

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: '25 Tudor with patina
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 12:30 pm:

This '25 Tudor was purchased new in Georgia in early 1925 and driven until 1946 when it was stored for 71 years. When the estate was disbursed I acquired the car and brought it to Texas. It was running when it arrived but I removed the engine, transmission and rear end and took all that to Ross Lilleker and had him rebuild all the mechanicals. He went through everything to make sure the car is very road worthy. It starts right up and runs great on mag. I have his detailed invoice listing all that was done. The car now has new bands, bearings, new axles and many more fixes. The original glass is still in the car however the window regulators are worn out. When the car was done I have $9,350.56 invested and would like to recover that if possible. We are in Texas about 40 miles north of Houston. I have a good Texas title in my name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 01:29 pm:

I always think of things I should have put in the original ad: I asked Ross to not clean up and paint the engine. I wanted the Georgia dirt to stay where it was when the car got here. The headlights still have the original bulbs and I did not hook up the lights. The starter was rebuilt and I put in a re-built carburetor and generator. If you are interested you can either send a PM or email: mjmays at consolidated.net. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 02:48 pm:

When our kids saw this ad they asked me to take the car off the market for now. Who knows, maybe later but the family really likes the car so it may stay with us for a while. Thanks for looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 03:20 pm:

That's GREAT, What is the condition of the wood spoke wheels,they look questionable in the photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Otto on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 03:36 pm:

That's a beautiful T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 03:59 pm:

The wheels are solid. This one is typical of the other 4 (including the spare)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 04:00 pm:

I'd keep it like that as long as possible. Plenty of shiny black t's out there.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration