Help posting pictures

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Help posting pictures
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Reichlin on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 08:57 pm:

I know this has been covered in the past, but I cant find the info, this 60 year old computer challenged indivduale would like to know how to post pictures on this site
Thanks Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 09:12 pm:

THANK YOU CHARLES, I hope I can learn too,I have many interesting things I could post on classifieds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danny miremont on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 09:23 pm:

I am 58, even though I haven’t tried I hear it’s a challenge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 09:40 pm:

It is, and im one of the "techy" young uns!

So first, get your photo. Have it downloaded to your computer.

Next, lets assume that it is over the 200 (Or is it 250?) kb limit, because almost all of them start out a lot larger. Go to a photo reisizing site, I think this site is pretty easy for you all to get the hang of, http://compressjpeg.com/ .

Upload your photo, and it will automatically shrink the size down. It wont be enough, so click on your image (On this site, it will have something like -50%).

Drag the slider on the right down a bit, and look at the size on top. Make it so the image reaches 250kb or less.

Click apply.

Now download this image using the download button.

After all of this, you can finally go to our favorite site, mtfca.com, create your post, press upload attachment, choose your SHRUNKEN image, and the site will do the rest!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Moultonborough NH on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 09:41 pm:

(There may be an easier way, but this is what I do.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, April 27, 2018 - 09:50 pm:

Guys, try this.

1) Put all the photos you want to post in 1 file on your computer and make sure that they are all under 250kb.
2) Hit the upload attachment button on the bottom of the message board, when the popup box appears hit the browse button which will bring you to your computer files.
3) Click on the photo you want to insert into the message box, and then press Upload. You should see the description of the pic on the screen. You can check to see if you are successful by clicking on the preview button. Good luck. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 01:31 am:

If U have an Apple, put the photo on your desktop, double click it to enlarge it, go to the top and click on tools. Then click on adjust size, set the largest number to whatever will give you 250 K or less. I use 550 on most of mine but my large number is usually 4500 or more

Clear as mud??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin J. Perfitt on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 09:28 pm:

(If you use a phone)
I’m NOT a tech person, here is the method I trial-and-errored into.
After trying (read failing) to upload a photo one afternoon I recalled emails family sent with photos attached — I’d have to click on the attachment and it’d ask which size to open it in.
So this is what I did:
1) I emailed the photo to myself.
2) I opened the email.
3) I clicked on download attachment. It asked me which of 4 sizes to open the photo in — I selected the smallest size.
4) The image appeared and I then clicked on it.
5) A menu icon appeared — I clicked on it.
6) A menu appeared — I clicked on ‘save image’.
7) (It was automatically saved to my photo album) I then had a photo small enough to upload here.

I did notice the photo quality was fuzzier than original, but I doubt that will have an impact on mtfca classifieds (we’re not exactly the ‘glossy photo’ group). People will understand.

Good luck!
P.S. I said I spent an ‘afternoon’ trying to upload a photo... That was a lie — it was ALL day (heck we’ve all done far harder things). It drove me nuts. I spent hours on 2 photo editing apps and even manually szueezing down the image size while trying to take a screenshot (this takes two thumbs and two fingers by the way — a real athletic event).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin J. Perfitt on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 09:40 pm:

P.P.S.
While retrying this I noticed that occasionally when selecting a photo in my iPhone album to email, it will at that point ask me which size to send it in — all the better. This is not every time. I don’t know why. Wizards at Apple like to know more I suppose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 12:21 pm:

This is what I use;
https://www.digitalred.com/support/windows/image-resizing/
It works when you are off line too. I am still feeling my way around W10 and took a bit to figure how to open the window and do group resize.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 03:19 pm:

My computer uses Windows 10. Windows 10 has a feature called PAINT. I made a desktop icon link so whenever I want to resize pictures, all I have to do is
1. move the picture desired from your picture gallery or folder to the desktop by clicking on it and dragging it to an open space on your screen.
2. Minimize , but don't close the page where you got your pictures by clicking on the minus button at the top right of your screen.
3. Click on the paint icon on your desktop. When paint screen appears, click on your picture and drag to the paint screen, one at a time.
4. Click on the resize button and it will ask you how much you want to reduce 0-100%. I have found that regardless of whether my pictures have been downloaded to my computer from my Olympus camera, or my Samsung smart phone, that they will need to be reduced to 25% of the original size to not go over the maximum size restriction on the Forum, Ebay, or anywhere on the web. After choosing your new size you will see the picture reduce to a size where you can see all of it.
5. Go to the top of the paint box and click on the minus button. It will ask you if you want to save the changes. Click, YES.
6. When through resizing all pictures to be resized, click on the icon for your browser (internet edge, firefox, etc.). It will bring back up the page containing your pictures, originally. Click on each resized picture and drag back to the space where you first got them. You're done.
Leave you picture folder or gallery and return by way of your browser, to the site where you want to post the pictures, (Forum, classifieds, ebay, craigslist, your email, just about anywhere. Most places will either have the word attachments or a paper clip sign.
7. Click on it and it should take you to your photo folder or gallery. Click on the picture that you select; Click OPEN, and picture will appear on the screen where you have chosen to put it. If the above doesn't work. you have done something wrong. Go back through the steps again, one at a time. Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 04:45 pm:

The program I use, the one I posted, I just open pictures, click on the file of photos I want to work with, open one in the group, right click on it, in the drop down click on open file, hilite the photos I want to change, right click on one of them which opens the image change box, click on what size and execute. No moving photos back and forth or sending to my email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Adey (The Woodlands TX) on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 04:54 pm:

I loaded the same software Mark mentioned above - it is really easy. For one pic all you do is right click and select "resize" and select the size you want... It only shrinks the number of pixels - not the size in inches-so you can still get a decent size pic... works very well and is super easy...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 05:51 pm:

A number of resize programs, you have to be on line to use. This one you don't. You could even say it done In House! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 08:03 pm:

Paint, doesn't have to be online, however, i admit your program sounds a lot quicker and easier. I'm going to try your procedure using paint, even without your program installed. It may work. If not, I'll install your program.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 30, 2018 - 09:37 am:

I suggest making a copy of your original photo, then resizing the copy. If you shrink the original picture you can never get it back. I believe the online resizing sites make the copy for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Adey (The Woodlands TX) on Monday, April 30, 2018 - 09:41 am:

Actually that is an advantage of the digitalred program - it creates a new copy without touching the original...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Reichlin on Monday, April 30, 2018 - 10:57 pm:

Thanks everyone for your input. I had a busy weekend and havent had time to try any of this yet I will let you know how it goes when I can give it a go thanks Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 12:31 am:

This is my method, similar to Terry Woods.

Using a digital camera - turn camera on, select menu,
find "image mode" or image size etc.
select the smallest photo size, on mine it is "PC 1024x768" and then "ok" or similar.
With this done every photo taken from here on can be uploaded without modification.
Getting the photos from your camera card to your computer I will presume you can do and put them in a folder.
If my camera goes flat sometimes it charges up at factory setting (pics are too big) or I might choose to have a particular pic as large and clear as possible.

If I have a pic on my computer that is too big I use the "paint program" that all of my PC's have loaded from factory.
To find it "start"....
"all programs".....
"accessories"...
"paint"
from here I do this process slightly different from Terry.

1. Open paint
2. Top left corner....File.....Open
3. From here you need to know where you have saved your pics so you may need help. However after the first time you do this when you select "open" it should take you to the same place each time.
4.Double click on the pic you want to shrink and it will appear in the paint screen.
I find that there is no standard amount unlike Terry who has found 25% always works.
I like to keep the full size pic as well so I select "Image".....stretch/skew and then reduce both the "Horizontal & Vertical percentage numbers to say 50%.
I then select File...."save as" (not save) then below in the File name box I click once to make the blue go away and then I add S. Then I select save just to the right.
I now have 2 copies of that pic on file one big one suitable for printing out and one smaller suitable for emailing or posting on the forum etc.

Note - when you open a file with pics in it move the cursor over a pic, right click on your mouse, a list comes up and move your mouse down to the last item on the list which is "properties" and LEFT click on this.
A box will come up which will tell you the size of the pic, if its over 250 KB it cant be posted on here so you need to do the process again and try a smaller amount than the 50% or whatever you used. When I do this i name it SS.
I like to get my size just under the 250KB to ensure the best quality so I play around a bit.

The other thing that pop up box tells you is where the pic is stored on your computer beside "Location".

Summary - if you already have pic on your computer, open the pic, right click, scroll down left click properties and if its under 250KB in size your set to go, if its bigger you need to shrink it before it can go on this forum.

There are many ways to achieve an upload, If anybody would like individual guidance on my method feel free to email me directly and I am happy to spend some time helping you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 04:00 pm:

If you have an iPhone ( or similar) just email the picture to yourself. When you hit send it will ask how big you want it. Choose the number less than 250k. When you get it in your email, use it to post on the MTFCA web site.

There are other methods but for the occasional picture, this is the easiest method. If you have a PC there are many other more complex methods.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 06:19 pm:

I just followed the above with this picture which was more than 4mb

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration