Awesome go carts!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Awesome go carts!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza north Adams ma on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 05:39 am:

No connection with seller. I do want one though!
https://westernmass.craigslist.org/snw/d/amusement-park-model-gas/6571615933.htm l

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Todd Manoff on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 09:58 pm:

These were made by Arrow Development Co. in Mountain View, Ca. These were the Grand prix cars. There cars are still in operation at Great America in Santa Clara,Ca.
Like other model of amusement cars Arrow Development made, they used a limited guide system which allowed the guest to steer the car a little as it followed the center guide bar.
Arrow Development was the top manufacture of automobiles in California for a while there along with trains, coasters, merry go rounds, flume rides, etc.
Did you know Arrow Development build most of the original rides for Walt when he opened Disneyland in 1955.
The company was spearheaded by two brilliant men, Ed Morgan and Karl Bacon. Ed was not only a good friend but he had accumulated a fabulous car collection over his 95 years of life including a 1898 De Dion Bueton, Pierce, Stutz, Bugatti, Baleot, Lincoln, Packard and more. I credit my career in the amusement industry to Ed. In fact I just went on a Horseless carriage/ model T Ford run today in my '06 Cadillac that Ed owned for many years.
Miss that ol bugger.
Todd
Santa Cruz, Ca.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 12:26 am:

Thanks for the history Todd. I have driven the ones at Great America theme park. I'm not a golfer, but if I was those would make a very unique gold cart!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 02:05 am:

I want a red one;

But I could buy a real Model T for less! :-)

(Message edited by redmodelt on April 29, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 05:35 pm:

When I was in high school (1973) I was a member of the AACA and went on a tour that included Ed and Dana Morgan's shop, I remember the being the nicest people and the two cars that I remember were a v16 Cadillac and a Zip cycle car. One of the members I think his name was Joe Jones let me drive his 23 Model T touring that day, it was the first T I ever drove. That was a big day in a 17 year olds life. I had a 1928 Model A pick up, and I still have it. I haven't driven it since yesterday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Todd Manoff on Monday, April 30, 2018 - 01:03 am:

Good memories Dennis. The Morgan's were always very generous about opening the doors of there collection. The V16 Caddy went off to mate up with another V16 in Texas, If I remember correctly. The little Zip ended up in my garage and I'm slowly getting it restored.
Todd

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration