WTB: 1915 Ontario License Plates

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB: 1915 Ontario License Plates
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Swift on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 04:06 pm:

I'm looking to find a set of 1915 ONTARIO licence plates for my 1915 Touring Car.
My understanding is that these are hard to find as in 1915 many plates were made of cardboard to save steel for war production.
However should you know the whereabouts of an original set that I could have restored as acceptable YOM plates OR if you know of someone who can reproduce plates I can use alongside my legal plates I would love to hear from you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 04:13 pm:

Hello I have a pair of Ontario 15s but they are pretty bad but they are tin over a wire frame the same as 15-16 Manitoba I have never seen or herd of a 15 Ont plate being cardboard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 05:06 pm:

I have an original set on my '15. They are tin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ian Hayhurst on Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 10:17 pm:

Hi Andrew,
That photo appears to be a motorcycle plate. My birthday is June 17 (617) so what a find that would be!
1915 is a notoriously bad paint year, and you would have a hard time finding a set good enough to pass MTO.
One option is to go touring with Darren with a selection of wrenches and screwdrivers.
Another option that the plate purists detest is to contact the guy on e-bay that sells repros. He did a set of 1912's for me #617 and I am very pleased with them. I don't see any listings from him at the moment, but he lists early repros fairly regularly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 11:01 am:

Hahahaha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Swift on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 01:05 pm:

Thank you Ian! Look out Darren!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration