Looking for a 1919, 1921, or 1922 Touring car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Looking for a 1919, 1921, or 1922 Touring car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Alvord on Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 11:58 pm:

Looking for a 1919, 1921, or 1922 Model T touring car. Must be black and run/drive. Must have title in your name. Would like one in good-excellent condition and have the funds available for purchase... serious buyer. Send me a message if you have one for sale, thanks!

Not much success with my other ad so i'll offer a $50 reward via paypal if you hook me up with information leading to a successful purchase if you don't have one for sale yourself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Monday, April 30, 2018 - 09:48 am:

A friend called me 2 days ago to ask me to help him sell his 23 touring due to health issues with his grandson. This is one of the most beautiful and good running cars you could find. I have no pictures right now but if you are interested please pm me and I can give you his name and number.

Steven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Alvord on Monday, April 30, 2018 - 10:37 am:

Thanks for the reply.... wrong year for me but I appreciate the thought!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Merrick on Monday, April 30, 2018 - 12:19 pm:

No affiliation, etc. Here's a '22 Touring on Austin CL.

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/ford-model-touring-car-1922/6532567087.html

TM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Alvord on Monday, April 30, 2018 - 03:26 pm:

Thanks Tony, saw that one. I search craigslist in the am and PM each day. I liked that one except it didn't have the fold down type windshield otherwise it would be home with me...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 04:50 pm:

"fold down type windshield"? That car has the stock Model T windshield. Model T windshields don't fold down. What exactly are you looking for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 05:39 pm:

Sure they do Steve - up until 1922 - early '23.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 06:09 pm:

How about a '21 in western NC? PM me and I will send pictures and info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Alvord on Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 10:59 pm:

Fold down type windshield... this type:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Belling on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 08:15 pm:

Hi Jason, would you be interested 17 touring near Lacrosse WI. Al

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Alvord on Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 12:29 am:

Hi Albert, thanks for the offer but i'll pass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 06:04 am:

Jason, did you get the pics?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Alvord on Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 02:36 pm:

TC: I had a late night, I glanced quick but that was it... i'll take a good look this evening after work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 10:44 pm:

Oh. Upper half fold down. I was thinking whole windshield folding down. My bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Alvord on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 05:40 pm:

Still looking, still sitting on my money... never had this much trouble spending before, lol. There's got to be a good honest touring out there...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 10:43 am:

This one is maybe too far away and about $3000 over market;
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/1922-ford-model/6571254211.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Alvord on Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 12:15 pm:

Thanks Mark... I did see that one, its listed on several sites. Its kinda buggered up.. door hinges holding the seat backs together and some kind of vent thing cut into the cowl and the seller isn't motivated to send any really good pics... plus it has a salvaged title.

At this point I'm drafting a letter and physically mailing it to the T chapters/groups in the area in hopes somebody wants to part with one...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 08:06 pm:

I see the vent which was an era add on, I do not see what you are talking about re the door hinge thing. Not sure about the title as the ad shows it as clear did he send an email saying it was salvage title? The phone number is in the contact info, if you are logged in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 08:35 pm:

Jason, an older friend has a really nice 17 touring, has been updated with starter and ruckstel nice paint, has a couple bumps from him getting older, if of interest call Don Shanabrook 419-447-5254 Tiffin Ohio it is a nice car and great top and interior.Tiffin Ohio,Hope this helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Alvord on Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 10:27 pm:

Mark, its got door hinges on the seat backs holding the metal together... door hinges like on your house doors... not sure if its a period repair or what... if it was close enough for me to go look I would consider it but its 2000 miles away. The car is cross listed in several sites and on the other ads it states it has a reconstructed title. Darn shame as its got all the accessories I want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Alvord on Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 10:28 pm:

Thanks Joe! I'll pass but thanks for the thought!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 10:05 am:

Jason -

"Mark, its got door hinges on the seat backs holding the metal together... door hinges like on your house doors..."

More than likely, those hinges would be there to convert the front seat into a camping bed - quite a rare accessory !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Alvord on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 11:09 pm:

The search goes on....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Alvord on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 09:45 pm:

and on...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration