WTB- Step bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB- Step bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 11:08 am:

Looking to buy 4 step-bolts for the firewall brackets on my '12 touring.
PM me or call/text me 419-271-5405
Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 12:30 pm:

What's the size Tim ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 02:04 pm:

What's in there now is 1/4" x 1.25" carriage
bolts..these are the two on either side that bolt
the firewall to the body itself. With the huge heads. My other '12 (boy can't get used to that!) ad my '13 have them. This one doesn't. Yet. :-)

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 02:24 pm:

https://www.restorationstuff.com/ecommerce/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=193_1 96

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 04:16 pm:

I have a full box of 5/16" x 1 & 1/4" - dang !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 04:46 pm:

5/16 x 18 is the correct size for firewall to bracket step bolts. Early cars use bolts that are 1-1/4" long; later ones are only 1" long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, May 04, 2018 - 07:28 pm:

Steve...given R.V.'s advice, lemme go out and check the hole size..all I know is the stupid carriage bolts are only 1/4. I can't do this until Sunday after church...got an all day club tour tomorrow. So I'll let ya know! Hang on to 'em!! LOL :-)

Dan...thanks for your help too!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration