The 2018 Luray prewar swap meet is almost here!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: The 2018 Luray prewar swap meet is almost here!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 05:38 am:

Hopefully, you've made your plans to attend the 2018 Prewar swap Meet in beautiful Luray, Virginia. We're on the home stretch now and the event is only 2 weeks away! Don't forget our Manned Vendor space which allows you to drop off a few parts to sell while you browse the vendor spaces. Heck, if you find that you have plenty to sell, we happen to have plenty of room, so load up the truck and trailer and we'll fix you up with a vendor space. Regardless if you come to sell or come to shop, The Luray meet has one of the more condensed accumulations of prewar and brass era parts you'll find. IT's sure to be a great weekend. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 09:19 am:

I plan on being there. What is the cost to have an item sold at the manned Vendor Space??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 10:02 am:

Everyone talks about swap meets shrinking in size, and not what they used to be. This one is growing and we need to get out there and support it. It will be nice to go to a meet and not have to look through SBC's, C10 pick ups, and tri 5 Chevy's to find some T parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 11:04 am:

Besides my line of new reproduction parts, I'll have a pair of show quality Brown 16s with NOS Jno. Brown mirrors installed, seamless rear radius rods, cast end brake rods, a pair of Victor Model 2 integral bracket sidelamps, 1913-14 coilboxes, nice set of 30 x 3-1/2 tire chains in the original cloth bag, and other brass era items that will look a lot better on your car than on my shelf.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 05:37 am:

Tom, It cost nothing if your part doesn't sell. If it does sell, you pay a 10% commission on the sale of each part you sell, up to a maximum of $100 per part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 05:42 am:

I will have a 1915/16 brass radiator in the Manned vendor space that we will be selling for Walt Stone. It is rough, and needs to be re-cored, but with work, it could be repaired and there are some good parts on it. The asking price will be $80.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 09:52 pm:

Just ten days til Luray Swap Meet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 05:29 am:

I'm hoping someone will bring some 1906-1908 Ford NRS parts! I've been to this swap meet since it started and have always found some great stuff!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Harmon on Friday, May 11, 2018 - 11:21 am:

What time does it start on Saturday morning?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, May 11, 2018 - 11:38 am:

I can't make it. Would someone please take a camera? 8<{
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Friday, May 11, 2018 - 12:39 pm:

Roger, 7:00 AM Open both days

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, May 11, 2018 - 01:13 pm:

Is friday a good day as I think I have a family git together that I might should go to Saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Friday, May 11, 2018 - 07:17 pm:

Friday will probably be the busiest day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Harmon on Friday, May 11, 2018 - 09:37 pm:

Thanks Dennis. See you Saturday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 12:31 pm:

Dennis, one thing I've been meaning to ask you since last year: last year's weather was mostly fine, but in case of heavy rains swamping the grassy vendors' areas, will there be tractors and/or other equipment available to assist trucks with trailers, large motor homes, and other blacktop-dependant vehicles?

Shades of old Hershey coming to mind here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 02:26 pm:

Very good question RV. What about it Dennis? I do not want to have Va get me one more time. :-) Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 09:56 am:

Yes sir I have a track loader and a tractor with a winch that we can use if need be. Of course the weather will be fine. Dan, you are always on firm ground in VA.

See ya in a few days.
Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 11:52 am:

Please don't add much to this post I am about to make ,i am simply trying to help prevent someones trip from being tarnished.
I remembered my trips to the big flea market in Virgina,Hillsville I think it was.I remember well seeing poor folks from out of state having things removed from their dashboards because of windshield obstruction laws in VA. I am about to head over to Best buy and see if I can find a vent mount for my gps as I hate to loose a 300 dollar gps or get a ticket although I can see hood above it.I don't want to get stopped and I doubt any of you do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cliff Colee on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 09:02 pm:

Mack, maybe not because of line-of-sight obstructions...longtime Virginia resident here and I have never heard of that.

However, if you have a radar detector on your dash I'd advise you to put it in the trunk as they are illegal in this state - and the law is enforced....

Cliff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 10:39 pm:

Yes,I am aware of the detector stuff but not to go to far i read alot about of out of staters getting tickets for their parking permits and such.
It is just some of us have our Gps units on the dash and don't think anything of it, and I don't want myself or my friends to have a bad experience over a simple device.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, May 14, 2018 - 09:21 am:

"affixed" is the key word..

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/windshield-laws-in-virginia-by-valerie-mell ema

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Monday, May 14, 2018 - 09:45 am:

If you are worried about parking at the swap-meet in Luray, no problem last year was my 1st time and there are loads of parking in the field next to the flea mkt area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Harmon on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 09:16 pm:

Does anyone know if the June AACA Richmond swap meet will have the manned vendor space like Luray did?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 06:08 am:

yes it will, Please feel free to bring your item out! Thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration