Unique parts for fire truck, wrecker,home decor, something else ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Unique parts for fire truck, wrecker,home decor, something else ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 12:03 pm:

About 40 years ago I had a customer come to me with a 1932 Ford fire Truck. This vehicle was originally from the Woonsocket, RI fire department, and was known as the first motorized fire emergency vehicle in New England. The customer wanted it changed into a large police paddy wagon, which we did. ( I know, donít start throwing stones !! ) Anyway, as Iíve aged, Iím cleaning out a bit and came across these neat railing pieces and door handles. I believe the Woonsocket truck was probably made or modified in the Woonsocket fire department shops, as these brackets always looked to me earlier than 1932. The bell off the truck was identified later as off a steam pumper. These castings were nickel plated when on the truck, but we had the plating stripped off. These would make great parts if you are putting together a T based fire truck, maybe a wrecker bed, a calliope of band organ carrier, a saloon bar footrail or,or,or. Use your imagination. They are fine brass castings, all machined and were originally nicely polished. Not shown, but I also have a whole bunch of the thick brass tubing that went from fitting to fitting. I can sell everything, (preffered) I can sell just some of the pieces, or I can throw back on the shelf here. Tmorsher@icloud to discuss, thanks. I donít get PMs through this site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Iowa John L Williams on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 12:22 pm:

Tim: Hi From Iowa: I could use all these goodies for 2 projects! I have sent an e-mail - hope it gets through? Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 02:07 pm:

Hello Iowa John, I have a fellow in front of you, so i will get in touch if we donít put something together. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 10:19 pm:

Part sold to the first inquiry, thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration