Mark your calendars, a MODEL T SWAP MEET coming

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Mark your calendars, a MODEL T SWAP MEET coming
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 11:47 pm:

The Denver Model T club is having a Model T Swap Meet it is coming on June 9th at the Adams Fair Grounds. If the meet is successful it is planed to do it every year. If you are tired of walking through nothing but V8 parts and chrome this is your chance to help make a change. Other states are doing it why not Colorado. Vender space will be $10.00 and buyers are free. Food will be available, Every one has some extra parts that they don't need, bring some to the meet and help make it a success so we can have at least one swap meet worth going to. If you don't wish to sell any parts at least come and buy something so venders will come back next year.
For information call Brian Golden at 303-680-3727

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 08:19 pm:

I learned yesterday that a large load of TT parts is coming to the Denver Model T Club. The owner had loaded it and planned to take it to Bakersfield but passed away in the meantime. There are lots of TT parts including many TT Ruckstell parts. The owner rebuilt TTs so the parts will be mostly all TT parts. Some other parts that I saw were TT running boards, TT wheels and fenders, and TT Drive shafts. I can't remember it all but if you are building a TT this is your chance to pick up a lot of good TT parts. There is also two TT Trucks but I don't know if they plan to sell them also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 08:21 pm:

I meant to say that there will be a large load of TT Parts at the Denver Swap Meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 08:18 am:

Dave:
this looks like it will be a good meet ...I plan on attending ...will have my linebores and molds and various accessory distributors and a few late teens "heavy" parts ...will be looking for 1927 coupe items ...several Northern Colorado T club members have mentioned they would be attending...see you there ...always an optimist...Gene French

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 09:17 am:

Looking forward to it. Is it restricted just to model t or can you bring other parts from the era

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, May 11, 2018 - 12:11 am:

Ned as I understand it They are welcoming other early parts. You would have to ask Brian Golden 303-680-3727. I am sure that the Horseless Carriage crowd would be more than welcome. What the exact cut off would be is up to the Board. I have heard guys say for years that Colorado needs a pre War meet however no one wanted to put out the work to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Friday, May 11, 2018 - 11:55 pm:

Now I wont have to go to cali for the swap meet on the 15th. I have already started packing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 12:00 pm:

Thanks Dave. I'll grab some stuff when I am back in Iowa in a couple weeks. I can't bring much as I don't have storage at my place here but want to support things like this any way I can.

You may want to let the board know that there are some active groups on Facebook that they could post on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 02:13 pm:

Ned,

Thanks for the suggestion about Facebook. My wife (club secretary) is going to do some looking for those groups. If you could PM us a list, we would be very grateful. We also would entertain suggestions for making the meet a great event for ALL.

Thank You,
Terry & Sharon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 11:04 pm:

Terry, I am going to try and send a note to the Model T Ford Club International. If for some reason I can't I will let Sharon know, maybe she will be able to. I know there are a few members of the International in Colorado.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 11:10 pm:

I talked to another guy yesterday that came to the shop for parts. He has a lot of parts and plans to bring a load to the Denver Club Swap Meet. I have been to his place and know he has a lot of very good T parts.

NH Carbs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 06:48 pm:

Talked to another guy today that said he plans to load up and come to the DENVER SWAP MEET ALSO. I have been to his place and he has a world of parts. I often use him for had to find parts when I am working on a T. His dad used to be called Mr. T. His son inherited all his dad's parts.

parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 06:55 pm:

June 9th is not very far off, either request parts you need now or bring parts to make this SWAP MEET GO FOR FUTURE MEETS. I know it takes a lot of effort to mark all you parts, load them go to the meet sell and then go home and unload and put all your unsold parts away, but that is the only way to make the meet work and have it go in future years.

parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 11:32 pm:

Another person at the shop today from Kansas says he will be bringing a load of early parts to the swap meet. The 9th is getting CLOSER. You better come, you will find some things you need.

parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 11:27 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 01:35 pm:

Please help to support this Old Car Swap Meet. Its been a long time coming and should be continued. If there are not enough buyers and venders it will be a lost cause. I have heard for years from old car people that we should have a pre 41 meet in Colorado. This is your chance to support one if you want one in Colorado. I am aware that advertising should have started a long time ago, but we are trying to get some out now.

parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 01:46 pm:

I will have numerous removable bands at the swap meet. This is just a few that I have plus I plan to have a lot more items.

bands

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 06:36 pm:

Dave:
I spoke with a gentleman from Billings today ...he is planning on coming down for the meet ...that is a pretty long drive for a 1 day meet ...BUT ...the interest is high ...I plan on bringing all the surplus items that I can load on my 12' trailer ...may bring roadster pickup sheetmetal and the front 1/2 of a 25 Dodge Brothers touring ...both are kinda sad , but are workable ...possibly better for a hot rod build ...I am looking forward to this meet and will be ready to reserve a space for NEXT YEAR ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 11:17 pm:

Gene, I spent the entire afternoon marking parts that I plan to bring to the meet. Boy does it eat the time. I didn't make a scratch on what I plan to bring. I am using six foot standing shelves that a neighbor just gave me when they moved. I will use them to store the parts that I mark until the meet.

parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 11:33 pm:

More parts for the swap meet;

parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 11:42 pm:

I plan to bring some of the rear axle ring gears.

ring gears

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Epstein on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 12:49 pm:

Hi Dave. I will take one of your best ring and pinion sets. I am in Denver and will be bringing lots of stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Epstein on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 02:01 pm:

popjpeg{867221,speedster project}

(Message edited by brassford on May 20, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Epstein on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 03:48 pm:

Speedster project

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 06:03 pm:

Richard: That is a nice looking speedsters. They are a lot of fun but can be cold and wet. I was in town Saturday to the Saturday Grandpa's weekly T meeting with my 16 touring with the top down in the rain. I had a plastic tarp so I stayed dry except for rain in the face. At one time I did 3 speedsters. After a few trips when it started raining my wife told me "if you want me to ride with you any more build a car."

parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 10:27 pm:

I will have some running board brackets at the swap meet on the 9th at Adams Co.

running board bkts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 10:42 pm:

There is no shortage of tie rods. Will have some at the swap meet.

tie rods

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 10:53 am:

Will bring some front axles (cheap) to the SWAP MEET.

front axles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 11:40 am:

Dave:
sounds like a guy could BUILD a T with the parts that will be at this meet ...I may also bring a 1916 short block IF I get it back from the automotive machine shop that is doing the cylinders and valve seats ...always an optimist...Gene French

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 07:14 pm:

Gene, That sounds good. I may be tempted myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 12:29 am:

I will have a box of 50 brand new model A hub caps. I believe that they are 28 and 29.

hub caps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 09:34 am:

gentlemen:
I will be bring the 27 roadster pickup sheetmetal and frame to the meet includes rough fenders and some patch panels...all are rough but workable will have my linebores and Babbitt bearing molds ,several model T period correct distributors including Atwater-Kent and Thomas and a model B distributor for model A engine a KR Wilson model A linebore frame and many other items that I will probably fall over as I am gathering these parts ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 01:36 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 07:56 pm:

I have a pretty good size pile of rear axles Drums both early and 36/27. I will bring some to the swap meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 11:11 am:

I was in Grandpa's this morning and the owner of the Largest collection of T and A parts in Colorado walked in. He says he plans to bring a very large supply of A and T parts to the Swap meet.

parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, May 25, 2018 - 12:10 am:

26 Rear axle drums;

rear axle drums

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 11:16 am:

Dave:
I mowed my field , found some more parts to go on the trailer ...a second early flywheel/transmission set and a shortened T pickup bed ...I had an inquiry about the roadster pickup sheetmetal ...it does need patch panels in the regular places and fenders are rough but workable ...price is $2500
.I probably will not have the 1916 block at the meet , will not have it back from auto. machine shop in time to assemble ...I will bring several non-generator blocks including several Canadian blocks ...these may be easier to title since the numbers probably would not appear on US dmv records ...see you all there ...remember " BE THERE ,or BE SQUARE !!! always an optimist Gene French 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 01:07 pm:

Gene: Thanks for the information. When you get your 16 block back from the machine shop let me know. I am also always interested in Holley NH cores o bowls. If you have any NH cores please bring them to the swap meet. Almost every day I have some one tell me they will be bringing a collection of T parts to the swap meet.

parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, May 28, 2018 - 10:24 pm:

Bump:

T Parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 11:05 pm:

Any one bringing a 25/27 coupe or sedan to the Denver Swap Meet. There is a fellow that is thinking about coming to the meet if there is going to be either one.
Let me know and I will tell him. My phone number is 303-774-9246

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 12:19 am:

I will bring if someone is interested, a 13/114 rear axle, I also have a 15 rear axle, a little large to mess with but if there is interest I'll bring them. I also have lots of extra vintage Ford, Model A restorer and Model T times mags pm me if interested. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 12:35 pm:

someone needs to start a real swap meet nere in the mid west. these 5 hr neets just dont get it.ha,ha. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 02:35 pm:

charley I think you are right but I am not on the committee. Maybe nest year I will bring it up to the committee as I sure think we need something beside post 45 meets that we now have in Colorado.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Friday, June 01, 2018 - 08:50 am:

Dave:
looks like the 1916 short block will not make it to this meet will probably pickup next Thursday will have a bunch of other interesting items though and look forward to seeing everyone ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 12:19 am:

Gene< I will check with you at the Swap Meet about the block. I may be interested if I sell much at the swap meet. Boy have I been taking the time to get a bunch of parts together tag with a price and find the right box for stuff. Come down to Grandpa's some Saturday with the group. I think you would enjoy it and maybe scare up some business for your shop, We congregate at 8AM. Don't forget to bring me some Holley NH Cores or Bowls to the swap meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Todd Kennedy on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 01:29 pm:

I will possibly be bringing my 13 Speedster to sell if I can get ahold of my friends trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 08:54 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, June 04, 2018 - 12:07 am:

I plan to stop work in the shop and concentrate on loading parts for the Swap Meet. I plan to spend th the next 5 days loading T parts. If any one is looking for any part let me know and it will be on my trailer or back of the my pickup. You may be able to get something you have been looking for a long time and you will not have to pay shipping. Now days sometimes the shipping is higher than the cost of the item, think about it plus it will be fun to look through all the early parts that will be brought to this Meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, June 04, 2018 - 10:08 am:

Dave:
I will call this evening I have several items on my want list that I know you have I will be loading items this week too , not anywhere near as many as you will have BUT still a bunch of T stuff and a 1925 Dodge Brothers touring cowl with windshield stanchions and lower windshield frame , doors and seat back not enough to make a restoration , but makes a very cool looking hot rod / roadster pickup I have had several inquiry's on the 1927 T roadster pickup sheet metal no committed buyers yet , so that goes on the trailer too see you all there ...be there or be square ! always an optimist ...Gene French 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 12:34 am:

Gene: I must have missed your call. I spent the entire day marking parts and loading them in my pickup and trailer. The wife was not in the house also so we could not answer any phone calls. I should be done in two more days, I was really exhausted and quit about 4PM, I may have to find someone else to haul some of the stuff for me. I hope to start marking and boxing up Transmission drums tomorrow. I may also start loading fenders tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 12:24 am:

Gene, It looks like I have all the parts you wanted. The only item I could not find was a 26 gas tank lid. I definitely remember putting a box of gas caps in either the trailer or the pickup and that there was 26 gas cap in the box. I looked but there are some many boxes of parts I could not find them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Thursday, June 07, 2018 - 04:16 pm:

Dave:
time is getting short to prepare for this meet I have the roadster pkup. loaded and some heavy parts , ball caps , bearing molds and a KR Wilson linebore frame for model A , a linebore " lite " of my design and will have a standard linebore unit on display the 1916 motor block is NOT finished yet I am going thru my period distributor collection and will have several Atwater-Kent LA distributors and several other types no current aftermarket distributors ! will head out early Saturday morning for the fairgrounds and look forward to visiting and selling a bunch of stuff looks like this will be a well stocked meet that I hope continues and is better promoted next year ...always an optimist.. gene French 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 08:32 am:

Gentlemen:
headed out soon , will post photos on the forum this evening looks like this will be a great meet and a great day ...always an optimist...gene french

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration