Trade Packard for a Model T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Trade Packard for a Model T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 01:42 pm:

I am selling a 1932 Packard 902 Victoria Coupe. It's not appropriate to post it here, but I have been looking for a brass T and would consider a partial trade of some sort for a T.
The Packard is listed on the AACA Cars for Sale forum.
--Scott
dwyer12180@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 04:50 pm:

You might post a link to the ad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wightman on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 07:18 pm:

Would like to see a picture of it...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 07:19 pm:

Here's the link. Right now it's the first in the text only lineup, after the picture ads.

https://www.hcca.org/classifieds.php?cars

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 07:26 pm:

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/309282-1932-packard-902-5-passenger-victoria-coupe/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 06:55 am:

Scott, it may help a T owner contemplating a potential swap if you indicate how much cash you are willing to contribute to balance the deal.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 08:06 am:

Thanks for the correct link Bob! I can't read apparently! I thought it said HCCA, not AACA! duuhh.

Allan, given the potential value of the Packard I think the cash contribution would be the opposite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 08:35 am:

Thanks for posting the link, guys. I didn't want to be inappropriately selling a non-Model T on this forum.

I do need to get some cash out of any deal, Model T or not. But I'm thinking of a T which might be valued up to about $30k. Not really interested in some of these $60,000 Model T's that you see advertised now and then !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Mackinnon on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 09:45 am:

Scott you should have a chat with Tom Laferriere if you haven't already. Both a T or other brass car, maybe even a bit more than a T but not in same price range as your car would work.

Bought, traded and consigned with Tom over the years, he is top notch. GLWS, that is a very nice car over on aaca forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Mackinnon on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 09:46 am:

I mean could work, not presuming to know what you want next, Scott! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 11:06 am:

With the wide range of prices depending on year, model, brand or type, you might take some time to figure what year(s)/what you are looking for. The amount you are listing your car for and your target split between a car and cash, my guess is you might be looking for one maybe 1914 Model T or earlier. (?) You might be better off selling your car first and having money to work with rather then trying to find someone that has a car and $30-40,000 (+/-) to work with.
Very nice Packard by the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 07:55 pm:

Sorry Tim. I keep forgetting that the US sense of humour often misses tongue-in-cheek understatement. It would be a sad Packard which was not more valuable than most T's.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 08:33 pm:

if i had a packard like that i could never go to a mod t!!!!!. i had a few packards i when i lived in calf. in the 60s. but was to dumb to keep them lol. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 09:07 pm:

Oh Allan, that was a great laugh. I appreciate your humor.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 09:24 pm:

LOL Allan, read it a it got by me. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 08:26 am:

Allan - I got it when you first posted and damn near spit my coffee out laughing!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 09:00 am:

All good Allan!! I kind of wondered...me takes things way too seriously some times!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 12:50 pm:

Bump

FJ

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration