FS: 1916 Block with New Cylinder Sleeves Bored to Standard, New Valve Seats Installed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS: 1916 Block with New Cylinder Sleeves Bored to Standard, New Valve Seats Installed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 10:28 pm:

Evenin all,

Decided to sell my 1916 block, and gauging any interest in it. Like to acquire some funds for more 1913 parts for my runabout.

I got this block of a fella years ago, and have or had the original machinist invoice, where he spent about 1200 bucks on this block.

It was sleeved and bored,honed to standard piston size, had new valve seats install. It was cleaned, I believe a few though decked, and I think one helicoil insert in a head bolt. No cracks or anything. I think its a mid year date block. I can get the serial tomorrow and casting date. Will post pics if interest, and can email them. Its just been in my barn for a few years. I got it for my 14 light delivery, but found an original 14 block for it.

Like to get $800 for the block since its had all the work done and ready to go.

PM me for details.

Benji

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 10:38 pm:

I mean a few thou decked. Dang autocorrect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 11:07 pm:

Hows the babbit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 11:14 pm:

No babbit in it from what I remember. If it is it needs a new babbit job as that wasnt done.

I see Joe Bell from time to time, and could pass it off to him if you want it babbited. Hes great, and is fair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Monday, May 14, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

btt

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration