BUSINESS FOR SALE

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: BUSINESS FOR SALE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 02:08 pm:

Chaffin's Garage Inc. was established in 1973 with $2,000.00 in inventory. Today, that inventory has grown to about $981,000.00. We also have added about $320,000.00 in patterns. Cores, tooling fixtures and other assets used in manufacturing about 300 different parts for the hobby. We have many very popular parts and kits which we sell retail and also wholesale to all of the other major dealers. . Grand total in assets of $1,300,000.00
Our gross income is around $500,000.00 per year. Profit margin is at least 100 percent for all parts that we manufacture. Profit margin is about 30-40 percent for all parts that we buy from other dealers.
After 45 years in business we are offering the company to a serious buyer for FREE with our reputation for quality parts and service. All we ask is a return of our investment of $1,250,000.00. See our web site chaffinsgarage.com or call 951-735-4791

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 05:33 pm:

Bill, We are a major supplier of new parts for the Model T Ford, second only to Snyder's. Selling the manufacturing end of the business would be very easy, But that would still leave me with thousands of other parts to sell. Problem is we have everything in parts for the Model T. The tires, Ruckstell parts and other major items would sell out fast but you would then be left with all the nuts and bolts They would be very hard to sell. We have many small parts that no other dealer has. That's good for the customer looking for a hard to find part but not good for me now that I want to sell out. I feel as if I am being punished for being the good guy for the hobby.

Dean, I would rather scrap all of the parts and business than let some scam artist take advantage of my family when i am gone. The other dealers will then be sorry they didn't buy me out when they had the chance because all of the parts we manufacture will disappear. No one else is going to invest all of the time and money required to remake all of the tooling and drawings to make Ruckstell parts and all of the other nice parts that we manufacture. This is a hell of a deal for some Model T entrepreneur.... Glen

Add a Message

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 07:46 pm:

Patience Glen! "Good things come to those who wait"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 07:50 pm:

By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 07:02 pm:
Glen, do you feel the parts supply/retail end would be a viable business on its own?

Chris, Retail sales is what I started out with and it was quite successful. In fact i used the profit from retail sales to create the manufacturing business and I have never had to borrowed a penny to grow the business. I think that tells it all about success.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 - 03:08 pm:

WE HAVE DECIDED THAT WE WILL SELL THE RETAIL BUSINESS SEPERATELLY FROM THE MANUFACTURING BUSINESS IF THAT WORKS BETTER. GLEN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 02:04 pm:

Hi Glen,

I sent you a PM regarding your manufacturing operation. I would love to see these parts available for years to come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 12:35 pm:

MICHAEL i DIDN'T GET YOUR MESSAGE GLEN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 04:52 pm:

Got it Michael Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 06:39 pm:

Michael good opportunity to take over the business since you are qualifying in design and mfg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 09:29 pm:

Michael would be a good choice and he's in California

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration