K R Wilson engine stand

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: K R Wilson engine stand
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 04:25 pm:

Nice shape,no visable breaks or repairs,the actual plate that bolts to the side of an engine is plate steel,not a factory made piece. This is all I have,I know there is a large base these can bolt to but I don't have it or any other attachments. Price is $475 and hopefully if sold the buyer can arrange pickup. I can strap it on a pallet,run it out to Fastenal and ship collect if need be. It would be a nice addition to a T oriented shop.

picture

picture

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 04:26 pm:

Please PM me if interested.Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 04:47 pm:

Hi Steve

PM sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 02:29 pm:

Still available,standing like a passenger at the train station waiting for a ride somewhere where it will be useful and appreciated. On the notched wheel that turns is stamped A2,whether that is a plus or minus in the T world is unknown. Take $450.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 04:20 pm:

I've had a couple I thought they all had a bottom plate with wheel the only wear the ones I've ever seen all had the bottom plate with a Wheels

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 06:07 pm:

This is what the original stand looks like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 07:57 pm:

My 26 Wilson catalog does not show a floor plate. I think it came out later and was an add on. I think most would have just been bolted to the floor at a work station.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 08:31 pm:

I'm surprised this hasn't sold. It's priced at about $1,000 less than a good one with the base, and you can make a suitable base for a lot less than that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 09:03 pm:

I've bought and sold them for less than 1000. With the stand this is the first one I've seen with out

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 10:53 pm:

Steve

PM sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 11:21 pm:

Sold pending funds. Thanks MTFCA.
I found one of these stands in a local junkyard without the base about 25 years ago. Put it in Hemmings and a guy called me at 1 oclock in the morning the day after the magazine came out and bought it. I heard they could have a base but never saw one until Ed posted this picture. Thanks Ed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 12:39 am:

That base is actually the earlier style. The later base was a flat steel plate with cast corner brackets that held the wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince Altieri.... Greensburg, PA on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 08:38 pm:

WTB....KW Wilson base just like the one in Ed in California’s photo...thanks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration