For Sale:Rusty T-like front axle with BUDD wire wheel hubs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale:Rusty T-like front axle with BUDD wire wheel hubs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 05:06 pm:

It is rusty and pitted all over,it may have been an archeological find or came out of a rain forest. Should clean up with a good sandblasting. The hubs do not turn so it's very likely new bearings will be required. I actually thought this was a T axle when I first got it but it's heavier,spring perches are the same distance apart. I don't see where the drag link attaches,it may have had a ball bolt that has been replaced. Obviously this was trailerized at some time but sure looks like a tidy job. There have been wanted ads here for BUDD hubs and different spindles,hopefully someone can use some or all of this. This heavy front axle might look right at home under a Smith Form-a-truck with stock wheels. Price is $175 plus shipping. Please PM me if interested. Check or paypal.picturepicturepicturepicture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 10:13 pm:

SOLD! Thanks John and MTFCA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 12:07 am:

Looks like Chevy spindles too!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Eastwood on Friday, May 18, 2018 - 12:10 am:

That's an Overland front axle!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration