FS: 1916 Block New Sleeves and Valve Seats, Decked Has Babbit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS: 1916 Block New Sleeves and Valve Seats, Decked Has Babbit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 08:52 pm:

After some interest I have dug out my 16 block. It was stormy so I had to take pics in the barn. It has a 6-10-16 casting date and the serial is 1296112, so its a June 1916 build.

It has new sleeves, bored to standard. They have been honed. There are new valve seats. It was decked a few though, but I cannot find the invoice so I dont remember the specific measurement. The guy I got it from spent almost 1200 on the block.

There is a small crack between the head bolt hole and water port that was stitched with a couple stitch screws as seen in one of the pics.

The rust is just the flash rust stuff and will come off easily.

There is babbit, but I think it may be old, but it looks nice.

I think the valve stem bores and lifter bores were reamed oversize, but I cannot remember. I dont think I have a small bore gauge set that will measure them.

No cracks otherwise in the block. Its solid, just some pitting on the water inlet side. The port faces for the intake and exhaust look good, with some minor pitting.

Asking $700 (new sleeves are 400 for 4 cylinders and seats at around 150, plus the block price)

I can ship this block. There is a fastenal by my work, and could get a small pallet and crate it. Or I can pass it off to someone close by.

PM me for details.

I will accept USPS Money orders (no others), personal check with a 7 day wait period, paypal (friends and family only please).

-Benji

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Monday, May 21, 2018 - 08:30 am:

Still for sale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 12:36 am:

Am I off target here on the price? Be a good speedster block for starts! Thats what I was going to use it for. But now I am switching to a 20s generator block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 10:04 pm:

btt

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration